Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

4d ultrasounds

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 1:18 AM
  • 6 Replies
i heard about these- but dont really know 2 much about them! r they something everyone gets done now a days or is it something u would have 2 pay 4 out of pocket? and-what is exactly the difference between them and a regular one? please-elaborate 4 me!
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
faithdeb
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 1:30 AM
Well I have never had a 4d u/s cause my insurance won't cover it but my sister in law was able to get them.  4d looks like a photo of your baby, whereas a sonogram is b/w and all you see are outlines of the baby and internal organs.  Hope this helps, I've seen moms here on cafe mom have them posted on their photos.  I'm sure you can see some on-line.
I-Love-My-Girls
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 1:33 AM
Well this is like the 4D and yes I had to pay for mine. .

jus1jess
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 1:43 AM
no insurance covers it so you gotta pay a few hundred out of pocket for it. a 2d shows you just the basic shape of your baby. a 3d is a very detailed picture. kinda looks like a portrait. 4d is the same, but video. i want them so bad but i'm broke =( go to insidestoryultrasound.com

My Ivy is due October 18 

BabyLoves
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 1:49 AM
I'm due for mine on September 13th! I am SO excited :)

We chose to do this, even though our insurance doesnt cover it, because they didnt give us a 100% about the sex of the baby at our sonogram-and we would like to be POSITIVE that its another girl before we decorate and all that good stuff :)  Its our "splurge" since this is going to be our last child.

Where I live, there is a special going on right now so ours is only going to be $120 for a 30 minute ultrasound in 4D, a 20 minute DVD of the baby, and 2 "color" 4d photographs. 

The difference between everything is that a sonogram is a picture. It is what they use to do the diagnostic stuff-the black and white ultrasounds of the past. They use it for measurements and things like that.

3D is the one like the picture above so you can actually SEE what your baby will look like!

4D is the element of time.
kristinaneugene
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 2:01 AM
I think 3D images are just as cool... 4D are cool, but kinda creapy!  My insurance covered the 3D images, but not 4D.

This is one of my sons 3D images! He was sucking his thumb!

Best,                                                                                                            Kristina

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

munchkin36
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 2:43 AM
yes you have to pay for it yourself, i also wanted one to really be sure of the sex, and to see what she really looks like. it's soooo amazing. you can tell what they will look like b4 they come out! and you get to watch them for about 20-30 mins in detail! they seem to range between $120-180, depending on what you want. here's the difference:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN