Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Question about periods and pregnancy???And i am already preggo!!!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 8:47 AM
  • 6 Replies

I just have some questions if anyone could help anwser them to the best of your knowledge...  i got my period on july 26th it only lasted 2 days it wasnt heavy it was between light and medium! my period is pretty regular kinda heavy and last from 7-8 days long. and i took a test  about 2 weeks before that it was a negative and then about 2 weeks after my period i got a bfp. but i am thinking i got pregnant in the start of july end of june.. do u think it could be possible? cause i am going crazy tryin to figure it out!! please help if u can xoxo..

by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JenE4
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 8:58 AM

Hi. My period also wasn't "normal" (light, only lasting day; then stopped for a few days and heavy for one day) so I thought perhaps I was pregnant the month before. However, my ultrasound showed how far along the baby was, therefore informing me when my period "counted." However, I know three people who had their periods while pregnant so they did not know they were pregnant at first--two for three months and one for five months! (Can you imagine finding out when you are 5 months along?!?) Anyway, my point is the one way you will know for sure is when you have your first ultrasound. Many doctors do that at around 8 weeks, but of course that will vary by practice.

Jen

Mom to Emma, 11, and Wyatt, 8, and baby on the way...

pregnancy due date

Karlene6
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 9:01 AM
It is possible for you to be pregnant and still get a light period. About the test...You might have taken it too early or your hormones arent strong enough to make a positive result. It happened to me. Call your woman doctor and get in to see them. They can do a blood pregnancy test that will tell you the truth!!!

Karlene ~ Mommy 2 Be

twins2504
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 9:05 AM
well i know i am preggo cause i took about 6  test they all said yes i do have an appointment for september 12 for an ultrasound!!i know i am already getting a stomach just a lil bit though!!!
allisonsmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 9:07 AM
this happened to me also...Its really confusing because on all my paperwork they have my last cycle as of Dec 5th...which gives me the due date of Sept 11th however because of 2 early ultrasounds they said there was no way i was due in sept and gave me the due date of Oct 10th! My hormone levels were out of wack to lol. They think I just ovulate really weird..and that when I had spotting for 2 days in Jan..it wasnt a period but its when I got preg or something!

with my first preg I actually went to the dr because I was bleeding for 2months...I was preg for one of those months!! So for the first 1 1/2months of being preg..I bled with her. ugh!
allisonsmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 9:08 AM

Quoting twins2504:

well i know i am preggo cause i took about 6  test they all said yes i do have an appointment for september 12 for an ultrasound!!i know i am already getting a stomach just a lil bit though!!!

From what I have learned and from experience..they will go by what the ultrasound says..and not what your menstrual cycle!
twins2504
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 10:32 AM
yea i believe they go by the u/s  as well.. i cant wait to go i am so excited i wish it was time tofind out what i was having...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN