Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

does anyone else love odd names?!?!?!?!!? what are your kids names

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 3:04 PM
  • 22 Replies
Everyone i know thinks my kids have odd names, but i love them....

2 year old boy ----Landon Jack
5 year old girl-----Hollis Isabelle
baby girl on the way---- Israel Grace

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Lilypie Baby Ticker

by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Keodenver
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 3:09 PM
Hollis is one I've never heard before, very pretty. Landon is on the 1000 most popular list for boys names, so I think that one is gaining in popularity. Israel is fine, but normally for a boy. It's unusual for a girl but again, I think it's a very beautiful name! Good choices!
Novbabyontheway
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 3:10 PM
I love the odd names. I would never name my child John, Michael, Sara, or Jennifer. Our attempt at odd names were: Jayden ~ 3yrs and Ava ~ on the way. Turns out those names are steadily getting more and more popular but I love them. If this one would have been a boy I was trying to fight for the name Landon, but hubby wasn't feeling it.
jdhshamoo
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 3:16 PM
i have a braxton and i love it, but the only thing most old people have to say about is " o how original" lol i dont care, i like it!

jayannafaith
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 3:22 PM
i have a 5 yr old makayla (which isnt odd, cuz ive heard it so many times), a 3 yr old davin (havent heard that one yet) and one on the way, have changed her name so many times already lol from alanna lynn to jayanna faith to pixie star now im thinking of ever skye

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

blvr0403
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 3:34 PM
I started with an odd name and ending normal, or at least normal to me! My babies are....
Adaleigh Paige-8 years (pronounced add-a-lee)
Brandon Michael-5 years
Nicholas Emery-14 months
Parker Seth- Coming soon....

mamakeeva
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 5:00 PM

I have a Wolfgang.  :-)  I grew up 6 years in Germany, where it's fairly common, but here in the states it's considered quite odd!

joany_bbboy
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 5:03 PM
I love odd names.  Im naming my son Oliver which I get alot of mixed reactions for.  I love it and plan on calling him Olly for short.  But the girl names I had picked out were really strange, Novalee Elizabeth and Astrid Rose.
gecko1107
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 5:27 PM
my first sons name is really common around here its tyler james i call him ty. when i was pregnant with him, no one had after i had him everyone i saw that had boys had tylers! my daughter is trinity rae. which i havent heard of around here but have seen some on here.
Claire07
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 5:29 PM
Right now, my kids names are -

Ashtyn Krystine, Wyatt Nicolas, Kameron Jamison & Colby Alexander.. I should've named him Colby Jack.. haha.. Just kidding. I haven't decided what I'm going to name my baby yet, but I like fairly odd names.

MommaBelle
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 5:35 PM
I like all of those names, but I absolutely love the name Landon!!!  I named my first son Ryley David.  At the time, I didn't realize Ryley (or any variation of it) was becoming such a popular name, but it seems like right now there are more girls with some variation of that name.  When I found out I was having another boy this time, I was thinking about the name Landon, but a friend is having a boy around the same time and chose that name.  Now I am trying to decide between Cooper and Ryder.  I like names that aren't really unheard of but aren't overly common either.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN