Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

a little bit of blood....

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 3:58 PM
  • 4 Replies
One of my friends is one day past her due date with her first baby, and she is having a little blood when she wipes, it's pinkish...Is this normal? She has been having contractions off and on for weeks and she has started to dialate a little. Should she be concerned or call the doctor? Any of your ladies have any advice that I can pass along to her... Thanks!

by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KateCD
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 4:01 PM
ITs PROLLY HER BLOODY SHOW!!!!!! HOW EXCITING!! Well at least it was for me, After I saw my show, I went into labor that night!! I did call my doc when this happened and they just told me not to worry! It means she'll most likely go into labor today or the next few!! Hope you have your bags packed!!!! 
KateCD
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 4:02 PM
oh yeah, keep us updated!!!
kadenlove
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 4:06 PM

She lost her mucous plug last weekend, but it could still be more of it coming out, huh?! She will be very excited if she goes into labor tonight, she is more than ready! Thanks for the info...

KateCD
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 4:13 PM
My understanding of it is this: The mucus plug is lost anywhere from 2-4weeks prior to labor, either in one big glob, or little ones over a period of time, this means the cervix is softening. "bloody Show" is usually lost within 12-72hours of labor starting and indicates that the cervix is dialating, thus the broken blood vessels. Good luck!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)