Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone else 40 weeks pregnant right now?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 8:52 PM
  • 6 Replies
I just wanna know that I'm not the only one suffering right now!  My due date was today and I still have no signs of labor.  I have no idea if I'm dilated at all b/c I haven't been checked b/c I haven't had any contractions at all.  I'm getting so depressed.  Everyone keeps saying that she'll come out soon when she's ready, but I'm going crazy!!!!  Is anyone else suffering?

by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
angelbabies0206
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 9:04 PM
Im not that far along, but if I was you bet your butt I would be telling my doc I am DONE && I want this baby out  NOW!!! lol im sorry u feel like crap keep me updated :)

JCBroch
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 9:24 PM
I will be 40 weeks on Thursday (4 days from now).  I also have not had anything that I'd call a contraction and am not dilated.  I don't get the whole point in checking for dilation since it doesn't mean much as to when you'll deliver.  (You could be 2cm and still be a week late, or not dilated and go the next day).  I really felt like I'd have him last week and obvioulsy didn't.  I feel ok with waiting this week and even to 41 weeks before I'd even think about induction.  I just think about how quickly time goes - and this time will go quickly as well (when we look back on it).  I'd rather wait until he's ready than do something early and have to live with any possible consequences.  Plus my husband has asthma and I know these last few weeks are all about lung development - everyday that his lungs develop so he's less likely to have asthma is fine with me.  (Plus I enjoy sleep and know that I won't have much when he comes).
risonski
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 9:31 PM
Today was my original due date, but my doc changed it to Friday... I am SOOOOOO ready to be done! I'm getting so tired of people telling me that he'll come when he's ready. If he takes after his father, which I am thinking he might, he will stay there until he is forced out in two weeks!

Check out my little man's website! www.totsites.com/tot/jakeweaver

CafeMom addicts unite! www.cafemom.com/group/superchatters

kiliki_malie
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 10:08 PM
i know what you mean!! im due in a week and 4 days and have NO sign of labor being anytime soon. the only thing that has happened is my belly dropped an itsy bit! not so exciting... i just thought maybe by now something HUGE would of happened...but no... i hope my baby girl isnt late... a couple  days i can deal with, but more than a week??! i think thats when ill ask to be induced or something...

im sooo uncomfortable at night and for some reason ill sleep at 12 in the morning and get up at 3 am!! only 3 hours of sleep and when i do get tired it takes forever for me to knock out.. and my belly is always tight, and she always moves when im most comfy, and i pee like 4 times a night when i do sleep, etc... ugh! i just want her to come already! im so anxious to see her and hold her and hopefully sleep more. which i doubt, but still...

i hope things go easy for you. you must be fustrated because your due today. good luck.

mom0407
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 10:38 PM

I am due today as well...but nothing is happening I do have a scheduled induction for Tuesday....but I am SOOOOOOO ready
I have a daughter already and I cant tell you how special they are....little girls are so much fun......I am looking forward to experiencing a son this time!!

Good Luck to you I hope you go soon :) 

MrsDuNn06
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 11:47 PM
well im alomst 38 wks. im having contractions, im 3 cm dialated and 60% effaced , ive lost my mucus plug, and the baby has dropped... sad part is, with all this "progress" i could still have a late baby! our husbands dont know how good they have it right now! i cannot sleep at all at night and i too pee about 11 times a day if not more. if i drink one swig of anything.. i pee it out in about 15 mins. im ready!!!!

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN