Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Inducing Labor

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 10:20 PM
  • 4 Replies
I was just wondering how to induce labor at home.. Like the acupressure stuff.. I am getting to anxious and am ready to meet my baby boy!!
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kidsreverything
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 10:23 PM
walking and sex r the most common i do not suggest castor oil.nothing will work unless your body is all ready getting ready.good luck though i know how anxious you r!!!when r you due?
terabear
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 10:25 PM
I've heard that inducing yourself at home doesn't work., but I have also heard it does. I'm getting really anxious too!

Anyway, I've heard that sex helps effacing the cervix.
ryan0407
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 10:28 PM
I know the first poster said no castor oil. I did the castor oil and it worked. If you would like to know more you are welcome to read my post. To go the castor oil route just mix 2 tablespoons of castor oil with orange juice and drink with a straw. (minimizes tasting it). Then 15 minutes later take 1 more tablespoon. Do not take anymore than that. I did it and I felt contractions with in the hour and was at the hospital about 4 hours later. It can take up to 3 hours for you to feel any effects. Good luck and keep us posted.

kmscheffer
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 10:38 PM
i have done the walking thing and sex.. nothing seems to work.. my due date is tommorow.. but i am jus so ready..  hopefully he will stop bein stubborn and hurry up :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)