Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not Quite Sure What's Going On!!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:33 AM
  • 3 Replies

Ok here is my situation and then I see what you ladies think.... My DH and I decided that it was time to start trying for baby number 2. So I had the IUD placed in last July. I had a period for a couple of months after but then they stopped, I know that it usually will stop according to the Dr. So I am not worried about that. Well in the end of Jan beginning of Feb.... I was feeling nausea and not like myself at all. I didn't think anything of it since I still had the IUD inside me. Well on March 24th I had the IUD removed but the Dr. had a hard time removing it cuz it had shifted and moved. 2 days before the IUD removal I was spotting; which I thought was weird since I had not has a period in months. After the removal I had some bleeding which was normal but then it stop and was having pains, so I went to the Dr and he said I have a cyst on my ovaries. But I have been throwing up and feeling nausea. Have the swollen boobs and the breast tenderness, and most of the pregger symptoms. I just don't know what to think??? Any ideas???? Is it possible that I am pregnant from when the IUD shifted??? Am I feeling this way from the cyst??? I have never had one before and not sure what to feel. I just know I don't feel like me. PLEASE HELP!!!! Thank you to all in advance...

~ Iris

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AndreaAKAMommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:55 AM

I had an IUD. The symptoms you are describing sound a lot like what I went through before mine was removed, except I was having extremely bad cramping which is what prompted me to go to the doctor. My body was trying to expel the IUD and it was stuck partially in my cervix, irritating everything up there and so causing those cramps.

IDK if you could be preggo or not, that is just like what my body went through at the time though... if it eases your mind take a HPT. Hope that helps!

2wndrfl_btrflys
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:32 PM

it could be possible you are pregnant from the shift. you should take a test to be safe. also i have an iud called mirena and i now have a cyst on my right ovary. it is twice the normal size. the cyst should dissolve on its own so we'll see. the only symptoms i have is bad cramping on the right side. ibprofin takes care of the pain though. you could also be having symptoms because the shift could have affected the dose of birth control it puts out. which can affect the hormone levels your body gives off. because that is what birth control is a hormone. so when that hormone stopped you started getting symptoms of pregnancy. but still take a test first thing in the morning and keep us posted.

SophiasMommy07
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Well I took the HPT and so far not preggo... but I am hoping that it will happen soon. Like they say... Whenever it happens it happens. Thanks for the responses. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)