• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help .. my son hasn't pooped in over 24 hours(piog)**Update**

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:13 AM
  • 5 Replies

It's 4:06 in the morning and my son hasn't pooped since midnight the night before. He spent all day yesterday fussing and crying. He was in a lot of pain. He tried to, he just couldn't. I was wondering if there is anything I can do or give him to help him poop? Thanks(BTW, he is 3 months old)

Thanks everyone for your help.

I guess I worried for nothing. He pooped a little bit ago & it was not hard.

I was just concerned because he usually has 3-6 poopy diapers a day, and he was grunting, pushing and his face was getting really red. So I thought he was constipated.

Guess I was wrong=] He's my first baby so I worry a lot.

Thanks again!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JazG
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:18 AM

If he's breastfed then he's ok. Just make sure he's getting enough wet diapers and is behaving ok. Don't give him anything. My daughter went 3 days without pooping. It's not constipation unless he's grunting or feeling cranky.

mnbcaillouet
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:28 AM

If you think he is constipated they have these little things that they sell for babies..its a small bullet shaped enema, it helps to lossen the stool and after about a minute they will have a bowel movement.

lfreeman2122
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:30 AM

My daughter had all kinds of problems with constipation at that age. I would wait another 24hrs, if no poop, then you can try putting the tip of a thermometer in the baby's bottom. It makes them feel like they need to bare down, and that can sometimes produce a movement. Also, they do sell little baby enemas, but prolonged use can make the baby dependant on them, so only use if absolutely necessary! The little enema, is only filled with saline, so it won't hurt them, there isn't any chemicals or medicines used in them. Good luck to you and your little one.

stace217
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:40 AM
Maybe try giving him an ounce of apple juice. ??
jridgill
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:14 AM

My breastfed baby used to only go once a week. It's normal. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)