Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scheduled Induction on MY BIRTHDAY~

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:15 AM
  • 18 Replies

I had my final appointment yesterday and they want to schedule and induction because the baby is weighing in at an estimated 9 lbs!!  The only day they can do it is Tuesday the 14 and it's my birthday!  LOL Not sure how I feel about spending my birthday in pain! :)  But I think that's kind of cool! I am actually worried about being induced. I hear labor with pitocin (sp) in traumatic and I am all nerved up about it.  I will use pain meds if I need to but I would like to avoid it if possible. I want to be there fully mentally and physically when he arrived. Please tell me how you did being induced with Pitocin!

pregnant
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyOnLI
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:20 AM

my friends baby was weighing in at 11lbs at her 38 week check up.

she wound up delivering a 7lb 12oz baby at 40 weeks.

remember those guestimated weigh ins can be off +-4lbs

MamaYoungmann
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:21 AM

I am hoping they are off in my favor but I tell you what.. With the size of me they can't be that far off or there is more than one in there LOL

katrinad
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Quoting MommyOnLI:

my friends baby was weighing in at 11lbs at her 38 week check up.

she wound up delivering a 7lb 12oz baby at 40 weeks.

remember those guestimated weigh ins can be off +-4lbs

That's what I was going to say! :) I feel that is a silly reason to be induced, but that is JMO.

babies

pregnancy

JessMomof2boys
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:27 AM

awww I think that would be special to share a birthday with your child : )

pregnancy week by week

Jillian
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:30 AM

That happened with my DD she was born the next day so you might not have to share you may just have your birthdays close together.

As 4 the pitocen i didn't think i would go natural so i got an epidural. I'd say if you do use drugs use that the other will make you more out of it mentally.

Good Luck and you can do anything you put your mind too. Congrats you get you LO soon.

mommy1008
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Well good luck! I was induced and I only had 7 hours of labor and 35 minutes of pushing so induction wasnt bad for me at all!

Alyvia Paige Hernandez <3

demonkitty
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:36 AM

well i cant give much advice on the inducement meds. they gave them to me with my first child bc my water broke and 4 hrs later i wasnt moving a long. just wasnt having strong contractions. i even then after having the meds somehow ignored the contractions and was fighting them. so i really didnt feel any of it and that was my first birth. i have heard tho that it makes the contractions more intense and isnt very comfortable. esp for someone who wants to go natural birth. good luck!!!! oh yeh not everyone is out of it when they get pain meds during labor. i was wide awake and very mobile when i had an epidural. the dr and my friends n family were very surprised by how alert i was after getting an epidural and giving birth. u would have never guessed i just went into labor.

babytugz
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:50 AM

i would suggest to have them start your patocin slow and work it up a little at a time as  i had them do that this last time around and it ended up being better than my first two times with it. and you can have them do that. as i had time to build up to the pain of contractions not just have it be nothing one min and full blown the next.good luck.

My 8 yr old daughter donated to

lil_bittie
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:38 AM

I was laboring for 13 hours and did not make any progress.  I had pitocin to speed up my contractions.  Pitocin helped speed up the contractions but made them very strong.  I had two epi's and still didn't help the pain.  I am not trying to scare but some women have a hirer threshhold of pain than others.  I am the others. 

AMZF812
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:43 AM

I was induced due to high blood pressure. I went in 1/13 at 6 pm. They started the cervadil(a thing they put on your cervix to help soften it) I had that in for 12 hours. At 9 am on the 14th, they started the pitocin. By 2 pm, I still wasn't having much contractions and I wasn't dialating any further. So my doc broke my water. I started having contractions, and got the epidural. But by 6, I still wasn't dialating and my son wasn't engaged, so I ended up having to have a csection.

I'm not trying to scare you. Some women have wonderful experiences being induced. Some women end up having to have a csection. I was one of them. Although the csection wasn't too bad. Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)