• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scheduling births....(PIOG)

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:31 AM
  • 4 Replies

Other than c-sections have any of you scheduled an induction to make it convenient for you?  I am.  I have a home daycare and the last thing I need is to go in labor while the children are here.  My due date is September 12 and I plan on scheduling the induction earlier that week.  My mother and sister are coming from MD (I live in SC) so they want to be there and I want them there too.  I here so many women are against scheduling for convenience but sometimes that is what you have to do.  I do not want to be left standed at my home because a parent can't get off work or I will not be able to get ahold of them.  My doctor said it was perfectly fine to schedule my birth and it would be convenient for them too since they have so many women due the same time as me.  WOW. Who knew. 

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
aviecse
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:35 AM

i think that is fine what ever suits you mama you gotta do whats best for you

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
mommy1008
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:37 AM

i agree

Quoting aviecse:

i think that is fine what ever suits you mama you gotta do whats best for you

Alyvia Paige Hernandez <3

mnbcaillouet
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I am due the 14th and normally alot of dr.'s won't induce until you're a week overdue, but mine told me we could plan anything after I was 39 weeks really. I told him I want to try to at least go until my due date, and if she's not here then we'll go ahead and do it on the 15th. Which will be perfect for us because my husband works shift work and I know for a fact he will be home this day. I don't think there's anything wrong with planning it as long as the dr. thinks the baby is fully developed. If she comes sooner I will be happy, but at least this way I know the general time frame in which she is coming.

mommytwins83
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:57 AM

mine told me i can schedule an induction for 38wks if i havent had her by my 37th week check up...  I am 35 wks right now.. he dont really see me being pregnant much longer... she is very low i am dilated a little.  and i am on terbuline to try to stop things but at my last apt on monday he said he dont see me lasting more then 2 wks.. my last two singletons i went at 37wks .. my twins that i just had back in may i had at 33wks..part of the reason for the induction incase i have to have a csection again so i can have enough time to recover before hubby has to go back on the road..i see no problem in it.

Wife to Thomas my sexy over the road trucker. Husband is ex Navy.  I am ex Airforce and ex exotic dancer... Mom to 5 young kids and one on the way.  One set of twins.  Young mom, SAHM, still hot and sexy after 5 kids even with my preggo belly.  Chris, Zoey, Andrew, James, Jerrold, and Patricia (baby to be) are my handful of joy..purple ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)