Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fetal Activity

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:46 AM
  • 5 Replies

Im 39 weks pregnant with my first child, and I am two days away from my due date. Im noticing much less fetal activity for the last two days. I have done kick tests regularly, and he has moved, twisted, or rolled 10 times per hour, so he's passing the kick tests, but his movements are so different now. He has always been active through my whole pregnancy, and Im talking active with a vengance! But now, his movements seem much less intense and no where near as often as they used to be. Im wondering if this is normal for how far along I am, or should I be worried? I know that people say babies slow down as you near the end of your pregnancy, but how about like 2 days before your due date? The change in activity has just been in the last 2 days. Is he like hibernating or something, or is something wrong?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JessMomof2boys
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:48 AM

My dr told me as long as you're feeling 5 movements a day then it's ok. It's when you stop feeling movement COMPLETELY that you need to worry.

pregnancy week by week

riotgrrl
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:12 AM

I definitely noticed movement slow down a lot in the last couple weeks with all my kids. The baby is getting bigger rapidly right now, and running out of room for the kind of acrobatics that were happening a few weeks ago. He's (or she's) basically just squished right now. It's totally normal, and don't worry as long as baby is still passing the kick test.

lil_bittie
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:24 AM

It happened to me too.  About 4 days before I went in labor my son stopped moving as much.  I spoke to my doctor and she said he was preparing for the labor, whatever that means.  She predicted that I would go in labor in the next couple of days and I did.

AMZF812
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:48 AM

When I was pregnant with my son, his movement slowed down drastically the closer I got to my due date. And a lot of times, he moved but I just didn't feel it. It's common for them to not move as much. They're running out of room in there.

If the movements stop completely, then I would be worried.

You could always grab a glass of orange juice, and lay down on your left side and see if you can feel your baby move. I think as long as your feeling movements every now and then, you're fine.

You can always call your doc too. GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Andrea337
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM

The baby's running out of room and probably getting tired while preparing for birth!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)