Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stoller advice needed.

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:06 AM
  • 5 Replies

Good morning ladies!

I wanted to get opinions on strollers since this is my first child. I would love to get advice from those who have done this before!

I am torn between a jogging stroller and a traditional stroller. Which one do you prefer? I live in a mountainous, hilly area if that makes any difference.

Second, what about the travel systems that have the carseat/stroller combo? Is this worth is? I have seen some comments that its best to just buy the 2 seperarlty since the carseat is so small.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
christalo
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:10 AM

If you buy a jogging stroller, make SURE the front wheel swivels.  I love my jogging stroller, but use it rarely cuz the darn front wheel doesn't swivel so its very hard to turn.  I almost never used the stroller that came with my travel system, it was bulkier and harder to fold/unfold.  I am not buying a travel system this time around.

MommyOnLI
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:15 AM

most jogging strollers are infant seat adapatable.

i would NOT buy a travel system considering the strollers that come with them are HUGE & BULKY.

i got my travel system and used the stroller 1x.  i used the snap and go more, and when DS was out of his infant carrier i went to a light weight stroller

carrie_grace
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:21 AM

I loved having a carseat/ stroller combo... it made life soooo much easier.  I had the Chicco travel system:

I think if I had to do it over I would have gone with a peg perego pliko p3 and viaggio infant carseat.  The Chicco stroller is really bulky and look up ALL of my trunk space, not to mention it is 23 lbs.  This is the one I am thinking about for the next one...

This one is only like 15lbs and it folds up like an umbrella stroller.  Definitely take into account the weight of the stroller you end up choosing... it makes a difference when you are lugging it in and out of your car.

I also have a jogging stroller, a jeep.  It's great for walking... i got it as a shower gift and I never thought of getting one for myself.  It has proven to be very useful.

They do have jogging stroller travel systems as well... but you do need to be aware that joggers are very heavy, and don't fold down very small. So you need to measure your vehicle to make sure whatever stroller you choose is going to fit.

Good luck in choosing!!!

orange_pecan
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:23 PM
You should check out Bugaboo. Grreat product with a good resale value. If youd like I have a site with new ones on sale!
VerucaSallt
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:27 PM

I have never seen a jogging stroller that has a swiveling front wheel.  It would be EXTREMELY dangerous if you were running and tried to turn with a swiveling wheel.

Anyway, to answer the OP, I was gifted a travel system and I think it was worth the $$ because I used it for more than one child.  I love my jogging stroller.  If you plan on going for a lot of walks a jogger would be ideal. They are TERRIBLE to travel with so I would get a foldable one, either the travel system or just a smaller stroller to bring with you on outings.  One thing about living in hilly areas the jogger would be great because they have hand brakes and pushing them is effortless.  A regular swivel stroller is exhausting pushing for long walks or up hills.

Quoting christalo:

If you buy a jogging stroller, make SURE the front wheel swivels.  I love my jogging stroller, but use it rarely cuz the darn front wheel doesn't swivel so its very hard to turn.  I almost never used the stroller that came with my travel system, it was bulkier and harder to fold/unfold.  I am not buying a travel system this time around.

I am a "I don't summarize my parenting style in a paragraph because it's none of your business" mom of 3.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)