Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YOU'RE SO HUGE!! YES YOU!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:42 AM
  • 21 Replies

I am sure many of us have experienced being told how huge we are. What I want to know, is what do you say to someone who's making comments about your size? "Oh when are you due? You're so big!" "Are you sure you're not having twins?" etc.

I HATE being told how big I am. I already feel like a blimp. Just this last weekend my aunt asked, "Are you sure you're not gonna have that baby next month?" Uh nope due in August.

Can you all help me come up with something to say to people that are being rude (even if they're not meaning to be, they are) while maintaining my dignity and feelings?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

pregnancy

"Tolerance means I treat you with respect even when we totally disagree. You're a child of God. You're worthy of dignity. We may disagree, but we're going to tolerate each other, and even more than that, we can be friends. You're never going to please everybody. I don't need to agree with somebody in order to love them." - Rick Warren

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ariannasmama807
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:53 AM

hah, i wish i knew. i just smile & ignore them lol. my mom had a nurse come to our house & she told my mom looks like im ready to go any day now. im due june 1. & i look so big because i am only 4'11. & this is my second. & i have only gained 10 pounds??? but oh well we are bringing life into this world, whats their excuse lol. some people just forget that a its a real huma being inside of your small stomach lol. just dont listen to them =]

LuckyClown
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:02 AM

I wish I had the gumption to do this: Some people will then comment on the size of the speakers belly as well... lol... like

Rude person:  "Oh wow you look like you'r going to pop!... are those twins?"

Pregger hormonal person: "Oh no there's just one in there, how many kegs will you be giving birth to?" (for you beer belly men) or  "no, just one little one, how many buns in your oven?"

Seriously- why is it never okay to comment on a woman's weight until she has more body issues than she can shake a stick at?

I tell you what i would say.... yeah I'm pregnant and hormonal. comment on my size again and i will tear your little head of and serve it to my shih tzu... yeah... what now skinny B*(****

lil_bittie
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:02 AM

My SIL said to me that I was a "fat A$$" in my last pregnancy.  I wanted to slap the smirk off her face.  It was during her college graduation that she said that to me and I know it was her special day, but come on it doesn't give you the right to act like a bitch.  I told her to "F-off".  She looked at me like I had three heads because no one has really stood up to her mouthiness.  I told her that you never, ever tell a pregnant woman she is fat.  My husband was even ticked off at her.  My MIL was mad a me for saying such a horrible thing to her daughter on her graduation day until I told her what she said. 

After that when people told me that I was big I would just tell them you just do not say that to a pregnant woman because we are already self conscious enough we don't need you to make it worse.  People usually get the point and feel guilty. 

LuckyClown
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:03 AM

but then again maybe I'm just having a sensitive morning...lol

ariannasmama807
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:04 AM

hhaahah, that is a good one, maybe ill say that next time lmao.

Quoting LuckyClown:

I wish I had the gumption to do this: Some people will then comment on the size of the speakers belly as well... lol... like

Pregger hormonal person: "Oh no there's just one in there, how many kegs will you be giving birth to?" (for you beer belly men) or  "no, just one little one, how many buns in your oven?"

Seriously- why is it never okay to comment on a woman's weight until she has more body issues than she can shake a stick at?

I tell you what i would say.... yeah I'm pregnant and hormonal. comment on my size again and i will tear your little head of and serve it to my shih tzu... yeah... what now skinny B*(****

Mandafers
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Exactly! I don't get it! I think I may have thought of one though:

"You know I've stopped looking in mirrors so I'm so glad there are so many people around who are willing to remind me that I am huge."

Quoting LuckyClown:

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

pregnancy

"Tolerance means I treat you with respect even when we totally disagree. You're a child of God. You're worthy of dignity. We may disagree, but we're going to tolerate each other, and even more than that, we can be friends. You're never going to please everybody. I don't need to agree with somebody in order to love them." - Rick Warren

baby1love
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:29 AM

LOL I LOVED being told how big I was I WANTED to be huge ! I was pregnant !!

I am only 13 weeks this time so I haven't really started showing but I can't wait !!!!!!
I LOVE being fat and pregnant!

Proud Mama to SuperShaylee and 3 angels (5 weeks Biscuit  3/06 , ButterBean 12 weeks 3/08,8 weeks Baby M 11/08)

ApawlakUSA
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:33 AM

I know how you feel people are such dumbasses around pregnant women, its like all of a sudden they can touch our bellies and make comments about our weight!! WTH?? You dont say shit like that when Im not pregnant so why is it ok now?? HEY??
BUT..... here is what I did and I dont get to much of that crap anymore, so me an my hubby had a party to go to, and this friend of family thought itd be ok to say HOLY COW your huge already my dd is due in June and she isnt even showing yet!!! SO I SAID""" OH really thank you, is your DD also anerxic looking like you?? or does she jus strave herself and the baby??''''' Needless to say I never heard that comment again from anyone who was around to witness me tell her off.

THEN all these people would come up to me and rub my belly when they said hi to me and it fricking irritates the crap outta me!! ONCE AGAIN DO YOU RUB MY BELLY WHEN IM NOT PREGNANT?? Yeah, no. Its my baby and my body, so I made them feel SUPER uncomfortable like they were doing to me!! After they rubbed my belly I put my hand on there belly and shook it and said aww, well how are you doing??? LOL The expressions were priceless!! An it doesnt happen anymore!!

IF YOUR BOLD ENOUGH TRY CRAP LIKE THAT!!! Really you have a great excuse for the mood swing YOUR A PREGNANT IRRITAED WOMAN!! USE IT WHILE YOU CAN!! LOL
If its any help Im 27 wks and look like Im ready to pop any day now!!! I thank my mother for the wonderful way I carry when pregnant!

Im am a SAHM mom of two beautiful children who are 3 and 2, they are the loves of my life along with my HUsband. We are expecting baby #3 July 6, 2009. I believe in GOD and I believe in Angels and that kids are a glimpse into what an angel is really like. Your heart is your love, your love is your family, your family is your future and your future is your destiny!! I live in the moment and enjoy life to its fullest!
pregnancy
sweetcherry_59
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:39 AM

I wish I had the guts to say this to ppl. I am so sick of hearing how huge I am.....ppl keep telling me "you look ready to go any day"

I am 24 weeks and I already feel like a beached whale. None of my clothes are comfortable, I can't sleep at night, and every time I eat I get either indigestion or heartburn. so just leave me alone I am miserable enough already!

Quoting LuckyClown:

demonkitty
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:42 AM

my uncle gives me and my cousin(his daughter) crap bout being pregnant. he always tells me how huge and fat i am...jokingly of course. he would never say anything if he thought it hurt my feelings. i dont let stuff like that bother me. see its easy to say somethin back to him bc hes balding a bit on his head...so i always tell him (this will go away) but ur head will always look like that. :]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)