• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UTI and Didn't Know It!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:21 PM
  • 10 Replies

Dr. called today and said my urine showed I had a UTI! I drink water, cranberry juice, didn't have any fever or noticeable weakness....but now I've got to go get a prescription to deal with it?

Anybody else experience this?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrhjoyce
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:27 PM

I had the same thing happen to me.  I've never had any other side affects other than some pain and having to pee a lot, but when I was pregnant I didn't have the pain and didn't notice if I was peeing a lot.  But I took the medicine and got it taken care of.

Check out the great stuff my husband and I make at:

www.bonanzle.com/booths/HandmadeNovelTea

Thanks!

Monica

1sttimemommy198
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:30 PM

My sister had one for so long that she started bleeding and when she went to urgent care they told her it was so bad she had pus in her bladder....so she might have to take more than one round of antibiotics...and she's not pregnant..she has no idea how she got it...but oh well....she'll be ok...I am always on the look out for getting one...I hate having them...

jodyduhe
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Alteast urs showed up. Mine hit so fast that on a Thursday I was tested and didnt have it and by the Monday afternoon I was being admitted to the Hospital with a horrible infection that turned into a kidney infection. By the fourth day it had spilled into my blood and my blood was infected, almost lost both of us at 22 weeks. Listen to ur dr and take the meds....I ended up out of work for a month and in the hospital for 9 of those days.

mommaxtine
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:54 PM

I've had multiple UTI's and they are NOT fun. The first one I had no idea what was going on. I thought I was dying. But so far during my pregnancy I've only had 1. The E.R told me that pregnant women are more at risk to get them, which I think is a bunch of crap due to the fact that I had TWO before I became pregnant. But make sure you take your meds, that way you and your baby are'nt harmed. :)

pregnancy

<3 XTINE

sassy_sweet_blu
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:13 PM

A UTI was my only sign that i was pregnant lol....... i didn't know i was pregnant until my UTI was gettin really bad.......... i decided to go to the doctors  and boom ur pregnant..... 21 wks and 3 days at that time...

jbhaleyrn
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:20 PM

I've had UTI's before I was pregnant, but I have a history of kidney and urinary problems. I always had symptoms with my UTI's, though. I felt really sick and it burned when I peed. And I peed about every 5 minutes. During my entire first pregnancy I had a very low-grade infection. With this pregnancy, my OB is monitoring my kidney's a little closer. I have to give a clean-catch urine specimen every visit along with the regular urine dip they do in the office. I'm 24 weeks now, and so far so good.

krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:20 PM

I had a really bad bladder infection and didn't know it.In fact they said my levels were so high I just had to have a shot because I was beyond the point of being able to take pills.I did the same as well and well I guess we aren't lucky as well as lucky.

bulldogb
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 11:10 AM

I went to labor and delivery because I thought I was spotting blood from my vaginal area last week.  It turned out to be a UTI!  I never had any real pain or burning when using the restroom and I assumed that the frequent urination was pregnancy related.  It was a scary trip but I was glad they caught it before it moved on to the kidneys because I read that can cause pre-term labor.

Amanda Prim * amandaprim.pureromance.com

BlazzinBebe88
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 9:25 PM

This just happened to me, I was on prescrips for about a week they told me I had UTI I was like what? What are symptoms they said abnormal peeing, too much, pain etc.. I didn't have ANY of them, lol. But they told me it was really common in pregnancy and so we fixed it all better!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

TigerBaby69
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 9:28 PM

I seem to always have a UTI. I hate it! I never ever have any symptoms or signs that I have one. I got on the generic brand of Bactrim twice in the matter of 3 weeks. I have a "kink" in my tube which makes it so it doesn't drain completely...thats why I always get them, but they can't fix it until after the baby comes.
You're not alone..its also common to get them during pregnancy.

having a baby

babies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)