Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

water & heartburn????

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:00 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ok so I drink Dasani all the time...always have because its the only water that either tastes good or doesn't make me sick (aquafina).  Well for a week or maybe more (i dunno) everytime I drink it, it gives me heartburn or just makes me feel like puking.  Ive never had this issue with water before....& when I googled it, it brings up all this preggo stuff.  I've got other things you could count as symptoms, but this is the only one I'm wondering about.....did anyone here just get horrible heartburn from water soon after becoming pregnant?   I only noticed because I keep running out of pepto :(  Oh, ps... I don't even know if I am pregnant or not.  I've had symptoms before but nothing like this w/ the water.  I feel so silly because I'm always thinking oh maybe I'm pregnant but I never am.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetPea708
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Ive been getting alot of heartburn too and ive gotten nothing but negative tests. i eat ice alot and the last couple days its gotten worse.. idk. never heard of water giving someone heartburn..lol.

SweetPea708
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Lol i guess were the only ones.

nicolea86
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 11:59 PM
I get heartburn from drinking water, but never during the 1st trimester. Only in the late 2nd and all through the 3rd trimester because the baby is getting bigger. This is my 3rd baby and she's giving me a run for my money with water and everything else...

virgobaby1978
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 12:03 AM

With all 5 of my girls I got terrible heartburn no matter what I ate or drank including water. This time I can drink water but still get terrible heartburn from everything else.

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

odiaide
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 1:18 PM

LOL with my last pregnancy I could only drink 2 kinds of water...Cause the other's tasted funny or cause they gave me heartburn...yeah I know it sounds crazy but true...I could only drink the Nestle, Sam's Choice or Deja Blue...Really funny but yeah I know what you're talking about...Sounds like you have one of  the same symptoms I had when I was pregnant...

anna_loves_it
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 3:54 PM

i had horrible heartburn the entire time i was preggo, but was always really bad whenever i drank water. unfortunenlty anything but water made me puke!!

wifeofarecruitr
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 4:59 PM

ugh.. so it turns out, I'm not pregnant.  Hubby finally got me a test last night.  I guess the only thing it can be is stress...but I didn't realize I was THIS stressed.  This is why I hate being a woman.... so many things wrong point to pregnancy but turns out its not.  I thought for sure I'd end up getting my period now that I know I'm not... but I havent yet.  So many times I've been like I wonder if I'm pregnant & I never am... it makes me feel like such a fool!!!

So yeah, the water thing still stands though & its very weird.  Maybe I've got all these issues cause we're living w/ hubbies parents.....who hate me.  lol....

Anywho...thanks for the replies :)

Katie

kredhead
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 5:13 PM

I have this issue when I'm preggo (I know you're not but it could help out even though).  I used propel packets and mixed them in with my water bottle and it solved the issue.  Yumm and they taste so yummy! 

pregpostmassage
by on Apr. 11, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Try sipping if you're not doing that already, and try to drink your water more at room temperature than cold. You can also try a little ginger in your water to soothe your stomach.

As LeVar Burton used to say: ". . . you don't have to take my word for it."
wifeofarecruitr
by on Apr. 13, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Thanks for the suggestions :D  I went back to popping my pepto... but I havent had much of a problem lately :)

It doesn't matter if I sip it or if I chug it...when it wants to mess w/ me, it just takes charge.  And yeah my water's already room temp also.  Lol I can't drink cold water very fast when I do want to chug it (lol ok, not chugging, just not sipping either) so I just leave it out of the fridge.

Ginger as in ginger root?

My period is a week & a day late now.... I thought it was going to come a few days ago & I swear I haven't been that stressed so I don't know why its late.  If its still not here in a few days I'm going to make hubby get me another test.   Lol, he only got me a box w/ one test in it & I was like wtf?!  He's learning :P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)