• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? for you c-section moms...

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:56 PM
  • 9 Replies

My back is killing me and I so badly want to go see my chiropractor, but I am afraid it is going to hurt.  I got my c-section 3 weeks ago (4 weeks this coming Friday).  How much longer do you ladies think I should wait?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
golther
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:58 PM

no clue but heres a bump

alliet08
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Call the office of your chiropractor. They will be able to tell you.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker

sarasara76
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:04 PM

I'd call your OB and see what she thinks.  Or just make sure the Chiropractor knows that you are still recovering fom the C-section - maybe they can adjust you differently than normal if they know you are in a lot of pain from the surgery.

Nicole_2007
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:34 PM

With my daughter I went after 3 weeks.  I would call and tell him you are recovering from a C-Seaction but it shouldn't hurt to get it done.  I know when I had mine done it felt so much better.  I might have to have it done again in July after this one is born.

ShamrockMommy2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Your chiropractor may suggest you get the okay from your OB before he adjusts you.  I went to the chiro when I was preg with my twins and it really helped!  He didn't adjust me the "normal" way, he adjusted me with his little metal clicker thing that he put next to my vertebrae.  I was skeptical at first that it wouldn't work, but it really did help.  Just be sure to let him know you are recovering from a c-section.  I had my c-section 12 weeks ago and just for the past week my back has been KILLING me and my hips too (only at night when I am in bed), I am making an appt really soon to see the chiro again.  I hope you start feeling better soon! 

By the way, is your back hurting you where you had the spinal done?   In the mean tme, you could probably take 2 Ibuprofin...that will help with any inflammation and help with the pain also.

in lovetoddler girlboy n girlpuppy

Proud Mommy of a rambunctious toddler drama queen and newborn boy/girl twins! Loving every minute of my life as a Mommy & a wife!!!!

sylviapike26
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:15 PM

No not where my spinal is.  It is in my lower back by my hips (I had back issues there all throughout the pregnancy).  I had a back injury when I was 16 and it is aggravated with each pregnancy, but was worse with my first.  Then I reinjured it while in labor with my first...such fun.  I see my chiro throughout my pregnancy and am just a little afraid of getting hurt by getting adjusted.  I might just call him and ask if he will adjust me or give me a partial adjust .  Thanks ladies.

Quoting ShamrockMommy2:

Your chiropractor may suggest you get the okay from your OB before he adjusts you.  I went to the chiro when I was preg with my twins and it really helped!  He didn't adjust me the "normal" way, he adjusted me with his little metal clicker thing that he put next to my vertebrae.  I was skeptical at first that it wouldn't work, but it really did help.  Just be sure to let him know you are recovering from a c-section.  I had my c-section 12 weeks ago and just for the past week my back has been KILLING me and my hips too (only at night when I am in bed), I am making an appt really soon to see the chiro again.  I hope you start feeling better soon! 

By the way, is your back hurting you where you had the spinal done?   In the mean tme, you could probably take 2 Ibuprofin...that will help with any inflammation and help with the pain also.

mamidewilsito
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:15 PM

I had mid-back pain where the epidural went in for about a year. It was horrible. And it wasn't pain-pain. I felt like I got the wind knocked out of me when I stood up. I couldn't breathe. It was hard when I had my sleeping infant in my arms. I did get adjusted a couple of times but it didn't help.

sylviapike26
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 2:22 PM

I am sorry to hear that.  My pain isn't from the spinal, I can tell it is from my previous injury.  Did you talk to your dr about pain meds for that?

Quoting mamidewilsito:

I had mid-back pain where the epidural went in for about a year. It was horrible. And it wasn't pain-pain. I felt like I got the wind knocked out of me when I stood up. I couldn't breathe. It was hard when I had my sleeping infant in my arms. I did get adjusted a couple of times but it didn't help.

mamidewilsito
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Ibuprofen was all he told me I could take. And to see a chiro if it was unbearable.  The thing is it came on suddenly and I couldn't predict when it would happen. So I would just get up slowly every time I had my son in my arms. He also weighed 9 pounds at birth and gained weight quickly so his weight was killing me. And as soon as he starting walking the pain was gone. Go figure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)