Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Contraction pains - the same or different with each delivery? (if no epidural and not induced)

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:40 PM
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: Were your contraction pains similar with each baby you've delivered (assuming same conditions - i.e. not induced and before or with no epidural)?

Options:

Contraction pains similar with each delivery

Contraction pains different with each delivery

Contraction pains EXTREMELY different with each delivery

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 10

View Results

With my first daughter, my contractions were so vicious that I was (TMI) literally puking and pooping with each one.  Even when my stomach was empty, each contraction left me curled up and dry heaving, until I got an epidural. 

I wonder because I had DD at 38wks, and went from 2 cm dilated (with the contractions every 20-30 minutes apart that left me dry heaving) to fully dilated and pushing, in 8 hours.  my OB today and she said I could have very different contractions this time around. 

Right now I'm a few days shy of 38 wks, 4 cm dilated, baby has dropped, and my OB thinks his head is waaayyyy down and that when things happen, they'll happen very fast.  She told me not to wait if I start having contractions, but what if they are so different and so mild I don't realise it?

Were your contraction pains similar with each baby?

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ZAGARIPRUSS
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:56 PM

this will be my third. an i have not had the same symptoms yet.. i guess that is a good thing.

preggomomof2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:29 PM

With my first, I had back labor and it was MUCH worse than my second, which was normal labor.  Of course they both hurt like hell, and the first lasted almost 36 hours, so I would say the first was way worse. My second labor only lasted about 7-8 hours, with less than 10 mins of pushing. 

pregnancy week by week
odiaide
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:33 AM

My first one I had horrible back pains and kept on having to use the toilet and take a bath cause it would slightly ease them enough for me to catch a little nap (I started labor at 11 pm maybe earlier)...My second I just knew there wasn't something right I didn't have any pains or anything just wasn't right...Went in and they had to stop my labor cause I was 32 weeks with twins...Had them 4 weeks later via c-section...This last one...My contractions started at 34 weeks and weren't progressive so my body held out till about 37-38 weeks and the water broke and I didn't feel the contractions with him either until they gave me pitocin...Which yeah OUCH...But the contractions were all in the stomach with him...

riotgrrl
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:49 AM

The contractions have been similar for my first and my third. My second was very different. I think you will know it when it comes, even with my second one being somewhat different, I recognized labor in plenty of time each time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)