Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OB and I are worried please help me if you can

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:04 PM
  • 24 Replies

you see i lost my 21 year old brother 3weeks ago and well i have kept my bp down but my nerves are going crazy. In the last 3weeks i havent gained any weight due to the fact that i always feel sick. The baby is gaining the weight but i am not and my ob is really worried. Any ideas on what i can do to may want to eat more?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessMomof2boys
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:10 PM

I don't understand why he's worried.  You don't need to be CONSTANTLY gaining weight during your pregnancy.  Lots of women LOSE weight.  I lost about 10lbs before I gained any this pregnancy.  And I've only went up 10lbs from my starting weight and I'm almost 37 weeks.  I wouldn't be worried if I were you.

pregnancy week by week

JessMomof2boys
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Oh, and how far along are you?  If you're near the end then its good that you're not. Your weight gain is suppose to plateau at the end of your pregnancy and some women even lose weight.  I haven't gained weight in over a month and my dr just commented yesterday on how good my weight gain has been this pregnancy.

pregnancy week by week

babygirl333333
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:13 PM

I am 33 weeks

VerucaSallt
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Gosh, if it were safe and legal I'd say smoke some pot.  My cousin did that - it was the only way she'd eat on chemo.  I really don't know what to tell you.  I'm so sorry about your brother.  He was so young :(

I am a "I don't summarize my parenting style in a paragraph because it's none of your business" mom of 3.

nikonme
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:16 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my big brother in a traumatic motercycle accident years ago. I know your pain. With my pregnancy, I had a hard time with weight issues also. I lost weight and didn't gain much. Ob put me on protien shakes (like ensure, pediasure, etc.). I began eating a lot of ice cream too! Lol.(I swear I tried every Ben & Jerry's flavor they make). I have heard this -have not tried it- but smoking pot helps too. Some women have to use this because their nausea is so bad. Take care, please pm me if you want to chat.
lil_jenny_28
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:18 PM

I haven't gained any weight in the last month and a half and my dr didn't seem worried. I am 30 weeks.  I started  a little big though so maybe your small and that's why they are worried? I wouldn't worry about it to much as long as the baby is doing ok. Just keep taking your vitamins and make sure you eat extra healthy when you are able to eat right now.

I am sorry for you loss.

joshismyangel
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:23 PM

in my opinion, if your DOC is worried, then they should refer you to a nutritionist or dietician. thats just what i think. but i also agree with the other posters, during the first trimester its common to gain weight, but not towards the end, usually the baby gains the weight. just make sure to take whatever prenatals are prescribed to you and ask your doc about minerals or vitamins they may suggest for you to take, such as folic acid or iron, so the baby doesnt take it from you.

twin boys   pregnant bellytwin boys
joshua and lukas       expecting twins!!    jacob and logan due may 15th, 2009

Zulemaann
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Quoting VerucaSallt:

Gosh, if it were safe and legal I'd say smoke some pot.  My cousin did that - it was the only way she'd eat on chemo.  I really don't know what to tell you.  I'm so sorry about your brother.  He was so young :(

i ditto that... i have even heard of doctors telling their patients that, but usually its in the first trimester when they have morning sickness. sorry about your brother... hope everythings turns out ok.

babygirl333333
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:03 PM

any1 know what the side affects of spoking pot are while being pregnant?

Zhi
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:06 PM

I gained all my weight in the first 2 trimesters and didn't gain any new the end. Just eat when you are hungry and all will be well. I'm sorry to hear about your brother.

im sorry

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
I'm a proud breastfeeding, baby wearing, anti-CIO, vaccinating, pro-life crunchy momma!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)