Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Evening Primrose Oil?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:58 PM
  • 2 Replies

Poll

Question: To those that have used Evening Primrose Oil...

Options:

Tried it, loved it, went into labor from it within 48 hrs!

Tried it, and Hated it! What a waiste of money and time.

I had mixed feelings about it, not sure if it started my labor or not, but would recommend it to others to try.

Haven't tried it, but wanted to read the post and add my two cents, LOL!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 5

View Results

Did it work, and if you have tried it, can you tell me where you got it from? Something tells me it might not be the kind of thing you buy at your local grocery store.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
EmilyBrooke915
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:24 PM

I got mine at Walmart, I took it last pregnancy, and went into labor at 38 weeks, my water broke. Not sure it that was the cause though. I am taking it this time too, been taking it for about a week, dont know if it's done anything though.

riotgrrl
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 11:37 AM

It won't help jumpstart contractions, it helps your cervix soften and dilate. My midwife recommended it when I was pregnant with my daughter. I did not use it in my other 2 pregnancies. Honestly I do not think it made a difference for me and not sure why she recommended it because I was already softening and dilating and had no problems with cervix opening in other pregnancies. I have heard from women whose cervix was not softening that it did help them progress. But it definitely does not bring on labor.

I didn't vote because none of the options fit me. I tried it, didn't hate it or anything but I'm also not sure how useful it really was or if I'd use it again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)