Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doc's Measurements

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:19 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi Everyone,

I had my 30 week doc's appt today and when my doc measured my stomach she said I was meausing at 31 weeks. I asked her if it was normal and she said yes and also said the baby is measuring at a normal size and dhe did not see any problems with the baby's growth.  I wanted to know if everyone else measured a week different then the current week you are in?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
other_mother
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:20 PM
I am measuring 2 weeks ahead. The ultrasound, however, showed my due date being right on. I just don't know what to think and didn't ask the dr any questions.
pregnancy calendar
LeanneC
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Those measurements are averages... everyone will grow differently and every doctor will measure differently.  It's not an exact science.

maybebaby15
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:31 PM
Thank you for saying that. I was at my doctor yesterday for my 26 week appointment, and she said I was measuring 28 weeks "of course." I said "Why 'of course'?" And she said, "Well, when you start off chubby, it throws off the measurements." It made me feel like crap, and I left very upset. It's not that I didn't know I was chubby, but I didn't need to be told it right then - especially since they confirmed to me yesterday that since being pregnant, I've gained one pound.
SpurgeonMom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:31 PM

at my 35week appt i was measurring 37weeks so i have my 37week appt friday so we will see

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)