Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 month old always wants to stand!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM
  • 12 Replies
All my son wants to do is stand up. I lay him down and he gets pissed - I sit him up and he gets pissed - I stand him up and he starts laughing and smiling and having a great time! The only problem is, my arms get tired after like 10 minutes and I have to put him down or pass him off to somevody else - this kid gets passed around like a peace pipe! Haha! But anyways, is it too early for me to put him in one of those stand up bouncy things? He's really good at holding his head up, but he does get kinda wobbly sometimes. Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch in advance!
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessdamian77
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Once they can support their head to a degree you can put them in a stand up bouncy. When my daughter was a wee one we rolled towels up and put them as neck support

darbie2008
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Quoting jessdamian77:

Once they can support their head to a degree you can put them in a stand up bouncy. When my daughter was a wee one we rolled towels up and put them as neck support

i did the same thing with my son he loved it ...he loves it even more now that he can bounce and turn the thing around

jasminesmom09
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:00 PM

jasmine loves to stand too... she sits really well, so we're getting her a walker tomorrow

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

I'm 20, married, have a baby girl born 1/12/09. i am having BF issues and am using my own methods to make sure my baby gets what she needs.. my baby sleeps in her own bed where she is the safest. i'm a SAHM/WAHM and go to college online

want to chat?. aim: minnie112388   yahoo: mammaandrews

Mz.Mommy418
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:07 PM

My son started jumping in the Jumper when he was 3 months. He used to go so fast I thought he would get shaken baby syndrom. But he is fine and I think it helped him walk earlier because his legs were so strong.

ILoveMyJason
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:13 PM

You can definitely give it a try and see how he does with the head support. My son was the same way - it seemed like he always wanted to stand right from the get go. LOL. Just make sure to pack around him in the seat really well with blankets or towels, or something to keep his body upright so he doesn't flop into the seat. He will most likely have a bit of room around him.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
orastephanie
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Quoting 1stTimeMomHolly:

All my son wants to do is stand up. I lay him down and he gets pissed - I sit him up and he gets pissed - I stand him up and he starts laughing and smiling and having a great time! The only problem is, my arms get tired after like 10 minutes and I have to put him down or pass him off to somevody else - this kid gets passed around like a peace pipe! Haha! But anyways, is it too early for me to put him in one of those stand up bouncy things? He's really good at holding his head up, but he does get kinda wobbly sometimes. Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch in advance!

My daughter was doing that at 2 months old now she is 4 months old and she is trying to sit up if i lay her down she gets mad but if u sit her up she is smiling and laughing she thinks its funny and all day long she is talking up a storm kiss mini

brandy0613
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:32 AM

i started my son in it at 3m.. hes 4m now. heres a pic

i just put a blanket behind him and he was good to go he loooves it.

Firsttimemom252
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:32 AM

My son James is and was the same way...he loves to stand up...he just now can sit good on his own but rather sit on his knees then his butt...since he was 3 months to was in a jumper and loves it...just today he pull his self up on one of his toys he gets in to play

SweetPea708
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:14 PM

i put my son in one at that age.. its ok. hes still a little wobbly and hes almost 8 months.

adawn_2004
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 12:32 AM
My DD is the same way, she loves standing up and she is 3 months old too, I got her a jumperoo when she was about 2 1/2 months old and she loves it! The one I got is The Fisher Price Precious Planet jumperoo and it has and head support thing on the back so their head doesnt flop back or anything!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)