Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

23 weeks and NO energy

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:05 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm 23 almost 24 weeks pregnant and I have no energy at all. I feel like I have a case of the Mondays. The beginning of my second trimester I was full of energy, but now it's fading fast. I dont even want to do laundry. All I want to do is sleep and veg in front of the computer. Any suggestions on what I can do to get a pick me up, or is this normal? Thanks.

pregnancy

<3 XTINE

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sassy_sweet_blu
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:26 PM

I have no suggestions for u cause i am in the same boat at u............ i am 23 wks almost 24 and i feel ur pain........ luckily my oldest can do alot of stuff for me ...... like tonite she is cooking dinner....... tacos.... but otherwise i am usually in bed by 8:30pm

oahoah
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Same here. I expected my energy to last longer but lately I've just been wanting to sleep & ignoring the chores! I'm hoping that once it really gets to be spring here that will help perk me up. 

You might try going for a walk or just getting some fresh air.  That usually helps me. Also, are you drinking enough water?  I have to force myself to drink water but I know I need it.  I've got 2 little boys to keep up with already so as much as I'd like to nap all day I've got to keep moving!

clarvoek
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 12:08 AM

This is my second pregnancy and I can TOTALLY relate! So hear are some things that might give you some energy! I read somewhere that drinking a fruit smoothie in the morning can really boost your energy and so I tried it and it actually worked! Something about a cold yummy fruit drink gets you going! I actually just pretend like its a jamba juice so I feel more energized! Lol. Yes, I know.. you're probably asking how I even had the energy to get my butt out of bed to MAKE the smoothie right. Well, since I have an 11 month old as it is, I kind of have to get my butt out of bed whether I like it or not. Lol.

Actually, as sluggish and tired as I am lately, I just try to start doing something as soon as I wake up. Laundry, dishes, whatever there is to do. Usually once I get myself going and awake I somehow find the energy to go about my day. Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on the laundry thing. Right now as I write this my bed is covered in laundry I have yet to fold. Lol. A LOT of laundry. Like I said, just try to pull yourself out of bed, get a healthy breakfast in your system and maybe even some coffee (a cup a day won't hurt anything), force yourself to do something and eventually you'll get motivated enough to get through the day. :)

Lol. Sorry if my advice isn't helpful to you! I know how hard it is to find the energy to do almost anything during pregnancy! Sometime you just gotta push yourself to get through the day. Lol. Also its good to have energy boosting snacks throughout the day like raisins, nuts, fruits.. just stuff like that. I love my ice cream and chocolate but sometimes that can just make you feel more sluggish than before! :P

Hope some of my advice helped! Have a happy pregnancy! :)

~Kristina Clarvoe

CravingMoocher
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Ive been zapped for energy too for the last few weeks and Im at 26 weeks, I just try to get to bed at a decent time because Im up everyday at 730 with my girlie whether I like it or not.  I have most my energy in the morning, though.  Eat healthy food, drink some coffee, try to get things done before noon. 

NiahandAvasmama
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 7:43 AM

sorry...no advice...just like you...except i am only 16 weeks...i thought that once i got into my second trimester i would be feeling better and have more energy...no way.  nothing has changed...i still feel nauseous, i am still throwing up and, like you, i feel like doing nothing except sleep...going to the doc today to see what he says, probably nothing, but i will let you know if i find out anything that will help :)

pregnant bellyexpecting babyplaying soccer girltoddler girl

puddleybug
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 11:13 PM

I wish I had advice, but unfortunately I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. I'm 23 weeks as well and I got nothing. I feel so lazy and that makes me feel a bit guilty, I hate it. This is our 4th and every symptom of this pregnancy has been extreme for me, where as my others where pretty mellow. At 14 weeks I remember saying "Oh can't wait for that 2nd trimester energy boost." Well it never came, and now I'm rounding the corner for the 3rd trimester slump, UGH!! My cat is preggo right now and due any day. She's been so lazy and lying around looking just plain miserable, today I was holding her and she looked up at me and I looked at her and we both nodded, it was so funny, like we both mentally said "ya, I know me to."

iwant2bamom
by on Apr. 11, 2009 at 12:16 AM

I am in the same boat as you guys. I am 23 weeks today but haven't had energy for a while. I get energy in spurts and try to get as much done as I can during that time. I'm a traveling speech therapist so I'm constantly on the go and in and out of my car all day. By the time I get home the last thing I want to do is clean house, do laundry or cook anything. Let's just hope we all get a great burst of energy that lasts for a while! we rock

ashwa
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2009 at 12:22 AM

I'll be 26 weeks tomorrow. Same problem. I try to get hype up on sugar but it doesn't help. I don't really have much time for power naps since I am in school and I work. When I do it's nice, and kinda helps.

We love our little Hazel Leann. We are so happy to feel her kick now.
pregnancy calendar
pregnancy
mommaxtine
by on Apr. 12, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Yeah, I dont know what it is about losing all our energy. Thank you all for your advice. Lets all hope that we can muster up some sort of energy and get our stuff done.

pregnancy

<3 XTINE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)