Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CONTRACTIONS AT 27 wks Should I maybe call doc??

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:43 PM
  • 7 Replies

HI

I was wondering if anyone else is going through this, this is my third kid and since sunday i have been getting contractions. They werent to bad but as each day passes  on they have been getting MUCH worse to the point were some make me cry, they feel like REALLY bad charlie horses at the bottom of my stomach and they are making my whole stomach sore and bruised feeling. They are not regular I have timed them and sometimes I dont get them for a whole day just at night. But Im worried since they are so painful and increasing in pain and I still have a few months left, I didnt get these til the last month with my other two and they WERE never this bad!!
WHAT DO YOU THINK??? NORMAL OR SHOULD I CALL???

Im am a SAHM mom of two beautiful children who are 3 and 2, they are the loves of my life along with my HUsband. We are expecting baby #3 July 6, 2009. I believe in GOD and I believe in Angels and that kids are a glimpse into what an angel is really like. Your heart is your love, your love is your family, your family is your future and your future is your destiny!! I live in the moment and enjoy life to its fullest!
pregnancy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
nanasmommy07
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Hmm?? I'd say if you're in that much pain, give your Dr. a call! Have him/her check you out to see if you're dialating and trying to go into labor early.

raleighmom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Oh you poor thing! It never hurts to call that's why your office has on call docs.  If they get so bad you can't breathe, I'd go to the ER.

ShamrockMommy2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Could you be dehydrated?  When I was preg with my twins, it was very easy to get dehydrated and it caused me to have lots of contractions when I did get dehydrated.  You could also have a urinary tract infection...that causes contractions also.  I would definitely call your OB....better safe than sorry!  Get him to check your cervix.  Good luck!  I hope that baby stays in the oven a LONG while longer!

in lovetoddler girlboy n girlpuppy

Proud Mommy of a rambunctious toddler drama queen and newborn boy/girl twins! Loving every minute of my life as a Mommy & a wife!!!!

ApawlakUSA
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:27 PM

THANK YOU!!! AS MUCH AS I WANT HIM OUT, TO SOON!!! I TOLD HIM HE HAS TO STAY IN FOR AT LEAST  6 MORE WKS!!!!!

Im am a SAHM mom of two beautiful children who are 3 and 2, they are the loves of my life along with my HUsband. We are expecting baby #3 July 6, 2009. I believe in GOD and I believe in Angels and that kids are a glimpse into what an angel is really like. Your heart is your love, your love is your family, your family is your future and your future is your destiny!! I live in the moment and enjoy life to its fullest!
pregnancy
Thestacys08
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Call your doctor sweetie!! I had preterm labor at 29 weeks and had my DD at 34 weeks, its no fun :[ Goodluck!

sassy_sweet_blu
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:56 PM

i actually tonite have been feeling this way........  i thought dehydrated for myself........ but HOW MUCH WATER CAN ONE DRINK !! lol.....  i also had a UTI and that is how i found out i was pregnant...... my case i really wonder if it is from the UTI and that it hasn't gone away yet...   TO the OP  I know how ur feeling.......... its scary having this feeling...... and u just want to tell the little one stay stay a little longer....  tomorrow i am callin the doc.

Quoting ShamrockMommy2:

Could you be dehydrated?  When I was preg with my twins, it was very easy to get dehydrated and it caused me to have lots of contractions when I did get dehydrated.  You could also have a urinary tract infection...that causes contractions also.  I would definitely call your OB....better safe than sorry!  Get him to check your cervix.  Good luck!  I hope that baby stays in the oven a LONG while longer!

MichelleH86
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM

i went through the same thing at 24 weeks, and then again at 30 and again at 34!... YES call your doctor! im glad i did! i ended up in preterm labor each time ( not saying that you are) but if you let contractions continue, sooner or later you will start to dilate! play it safe! if you are uncomfortable don't hesitate to call your OB! even if it is nothing, atleast you will have the comfort of knowing that afterwards! good luck :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)