Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could this be pre-labor?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:47 PM
  • 4 Replies

I think I just lost my mucus plug.  I looked up what it looks like and I'm 99.9% sure I lost it.  I've been having intense Braxton Hicks contractions.  I have a ton of pressure in my pelvis and rectum.  There's so much pressure that it's hard to get comfortable.  I was just checked on Tuesday by the doctor so I can't tell if I've had bloody show or if I'm still lightly bleeding from being checked.  So that doesn't help to know if it's pre-labor or not.  Does this sound like pre-labor?  I'm due next Wednesday, so I'm trying to be aware of any signs.  I'm having some minor cramping as well.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
shanequa678
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:54 PM

i lost my plug and had my son 10 hours later so maybe but trust me you will know if your in labor. real contractions are no joke mine made me feel as tho i had to have a bm and throw up 

mommyof4bjjj
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:02 PM

you will know when it is real labor but if you have any doubts at all you can always go to L&D and have them check you with my third baby I thought I was just having braxton hicks and then my water started to leak but I wasnt sure if the baby was just sitting on my bladder and making me pee myself ( I know TMI) but that is what I thought So I went ahead and showered and headed to the hospital just to find out that it was my water and that I was already 6 cm dilated and the contractions were not all that strong at first only until they finished breaking my bag of water did they really kick in So you never know it is always better to safe than sorry and this all happened after my doctor had checked me the day before and then that next night I went into labor

raleighmom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:13 PM

If I were you, I'd lay down, take notes of your signs and asked to be checked by your doc in the morning. 

sheabtn
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:14 PM

i lost my plug and had my son 2 weeks later

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)