• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have easier labors by the 3rd child???

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:46 PM
  • 2 Replies

OK so with my first daughter i was induced 4 days early and I was in labor for a pretty long time.  With my second I was induced about a week early and was having some contractions on my own when i got there but nothing major and I had complications with her.  Complications being that she was face up and the imbilical cord was wrapped around her neck.  I almost had to have a c section if i would have gotten her out. Im just wondering if labor had gotten easier by the 3rd child for anyone?  I am thinking of seeing if he will strip my membranes at 38 weeks and just see if I can go into labor on my own.  I will get induced no matter what a week early.  The baby cant be too big because I have an abnormal tail bone and big babies can cause it to break. 

Anyone have any advice?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
odiaide
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:24 AM

My 3rd labor and delivery was a little easier...Would have been even more so if I hadn't gotten the meds through the IV...but it also had to do with my 3rd one didn't have as big of head as my 1st one either...Even though the 3rd was heavier...The second delivery was a mandatory c-section cause I was pregnant with twins and the boy was having problems...But my first labor was 22-23 hours long and my 3rd was 11hours and 30 minutes...Big difference...All pregnancies are different...The only thing I asked at the sonograms aside from "is the baby healthy" was "Is the babie's head small?" I went from ripping horribly with my first pregnancy to not at all with this last one...

And if you want some help later in starting labor and want all natural stuff about 36-37 weeks start drinking red raspberry leaf hot tea...It'll take awhile but it's effective...That's why I say take it early...There's no caffeine or anything in it...I found it at Dillons but I'm sure it's anywhere I just didn't have the patience to look everywhere...Without the tea I had labor pains from 35 weeks on if not more with all my pregnancies...Hope this helped...

athenagmb
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:34 AM

I was wondering the same thing, with my first 2 I was induced now I had fast labors with both of them but horrible pain. My daughter I was induced at 39 weeks and had 8 hours of labor 15 mins of pushing and a tear that was a 4. (the worst tear) with my son I was induced at 38 weeks 2 years ago today and it was 3 hours of labor 1 push no drugs it was horrible, i ripped inside my lips. With this one I am trying everything to go into labor on my own, but I want to know if this one should be easier, I am not worried about the time just the pain LOL. Good luck with yours. I am using labor boost on sunday to try to go into labor. I was stripped on monday and that didn't help at all. So we will see

Gabrielle- Wife to Andrew- Mother to Bailey 3 Jared 1 and Elissa Due April 26th I am a proud Army wifepregnant belly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)