Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really, I dont know if I can do this anymore..

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

So here I am 31 weeks pregnant and just booked my 5 year olds surgery in 3 weeks.  He has to have his tonsils and abnoids out because we found out he has sleep apnea.  We will be spending the night for his surgery and they said its going to be 10 days of severe pain. 

I am absolutely misserable at my job and hate everyone I work with!

I cant take it anymore! I dont sleep, im stressed out and I dont want to do this anymore!

pregnancy calendar
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kikesama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Its honestly not that bad. As long as you take prpoer care you should be fine, but like all things it just depends on the person. I woke up every 2 hours for the first 3 or 4 days to have my son drink some water to keep the areas moist so they wouldn't scab ( scabbing is what causes the pain and bleeding ) My son as ready to eat solid food by the 2nd or 3rd day. So good luck hun! Don't stress it. Me and my son got a lot of us time watching movies and just making him feel better. :)

Sethpatricksmom
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:26 AM

I have had both my adnoids and my tonsils removed and I can't say I was in pain for that long...or really at all.  I mean, yeah there is discomfort, but for the most part I wasn't in pain-pain.  After a couple of days I felt better, just had to eat jell-o and ice cream and stuff like that for a while.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

aSoldierSWifE44
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:43 AM

When I was a kid a girl I was  best friends with had that done.

She only missed 2 days of school and was back on the play ground, so it may nopt be that bad.

My brother had it done but was like 13. He was in a lot of pain the first 2 days, day 3 he was just tired from all the pain meds and by day 4 he went back to work at his job.

Good luck!

mrspena1
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 7:48 AM

I do not have any children as of yet, but my godchild had this too and she recovered quite quickly and with little pain!  I am sure that he will recover nicely!  I worked at a job that changed my entire personality, terrilbly, for almost 2 years!  This too will come to pass if you just take one day at a time!  I, too, hated my co-workers, and going in every morning was like a death sentence. I kept my eyes and ears open, continued to take one day at a time, and even in this miserable economy, a great job where I am happy came along and my life has become great again!  Hang in there, mommy!  It is quite amazing what a woman get through if we put our minds to it!  Good luck to you!

mamamia459
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Its ok darlin!!!

You are just in the "miserable" stage of pregnancy, it happens to us all!!!

I am 35 weeks and I feel sometimes like i cant get out of bed to take my other kids to school! I dont eat a lot, cant sleep, hurts to sit, stand, lay down, i have heartburn all the time... im exausted!!!! Just keep in mind that all this stress is mostly multiplied hormones and that when your little Angel arrives, you will be able to start normalizing yourself then!!!

Best wishes!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)