Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trouble loosing belly fat after birth :(

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:41 PM
  • 4 Replies

Anyone else has trouble loosing belly fat? Its been 8 months now since i had my baby, and everything i do i cant  seem to loose it. Any idea why, or any tips. I eat healthy, no fast food, drink only water and lots, exercise alot (5 to 6 times a week). Im loosing weigth everywhere else easy, my legs, arms, butt, but not stomach, I weight less now then i did before i got pregnant. But loosing stomach is impossible.
i heard that for some women have a hard time loosing the last pounds until they stop breastfeeding. Is this true? could this be the case for me? anyone in the same boat?Or is it just me :(

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sarahbell811
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:42 PM

I am in the same boat as you. With my son, I was back down to my size 0  3 months after I had him. Then I had my daughter, and well, she's 2 1/2 now and I still have a pudgy tummy. I had a c-section with her....they say you get a "pouch" that never goes away....and it hasn't. Makes me sad lol.

donnamama
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:29 AM

i lost the weight fast after i stoped bfding my first. also belly fat is the last to go! stay positive. it will come off eventually.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
lil_bittie
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 8:18 AM

First you have to determine if it is belly fat or loose skin.  They look the same and can feel the same.  If it is loose skin the only thing that will help unfortunately is surgery.  Belly fat is hard to lose.  Some women can have skinny arms, firm butt and legs and never, ever have a flat, six-pack tummy.  If you want to mask the belly fat do some weighted ab exercises.  Other than that a clean diets, I mean CLEAN diet is the only way you will lose it.  You can exercise until the cows come home but if you cheat a diet then your body will show for it.  I know this because I am a Certified Personal Trainer and nutritionist.

StephanieB.
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 11:16 AM

I got back down to my pre pregnancy weight 6 months later but I had some extra skin and fat left on my tummy that just wouldn't go away. It can be affected by breastfeeding because your body uses those fat stores to make milk so its not gonna let you get em! Sometimes it will just take time. Be patient. It will happen :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)