Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Almost 39 weeks and can't sleep! AAHHH!!!!

Posted by on May. 4, 2009 at 3:49 AM
  • 7 Replies
Well am 39 weeks and for the past few days I haven't been able to sleep. Usually I will pass out but nope I'm still wide awake..... I try to fall asleep but I can't. Is this a sign labor is comming soon or is my body being a fluke? It's not that I have a wondering mind or I can't get comforable, it's just I can't sleep!

How`s my pregnancy doing?

by on May. 4, 2009 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
joyvanhalen
by on May. 4, 2009 at 5:16 AM
OMG! Me too. I can fall asleep, but always wake up like three hours later, and usually cant get back to sleep. It sucks!
Mamaz
by on May. 4, 2009 at 5:24 AM
not really a sign of labor so much as a sign of being 39 weeks. i;m amazed you made it this far sleeping well. usually around the beginning of the 3rd trimester no matter what you do you just can;t sleep

I am the partially breastfeeding/partcially formula feeding, independent sleeping, baby wearing, vaccinating, disposable diapering, public schooling, pro-life, full-time working, college educated young mama of two beautiful little girls!!!

Photobucket

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination

sassy_sweet_blu
by on May. 4, 2009 at 6:23 AM

lol this is soooooooo true......... almost to 3rd and last night i didn't sleep a wink !!   darn hubby snoring too so i really didn't get to go back to sleep lol

Quoting Mamaz:

not really a sign of labor so much as a sign of being 39 weeks. i;m amazed you made it this far sleeping well. usually around the beginning of the 3rd trimester no matter what you do you just can;t sleep

dee24
by on May. 4, 2009 at 8:26 AM

i dunno...it could go either way. it could be because labor is iminant...i have heard ppl who have said that they feel 'off' the day or 2 before labor.....so, if it is something very different for you, then i would get prepared....just incase. but, it could also be your body preparing you for all those night wakings. with my previous pregnancy and this one also, i will sleep really well, but after i get up to use the loo...forget falling back asleep for like another hour or more...so i dunno....my best suggestion would be to relax all you can, while you can......you dont have long now.

preview image

mamamia459
by on May. 4, 2009 at 11:13 AM

I will be 39 weeks on friday, and they are going to induce me then....

I feel ya! I cant sleep either! Last night I didnt get to sleep till after 12, and woke up at 3:20 and have been up ever since. Needless to say I am tired and I have so much i feel like i need to do before friday to get ready for my little boy's birth!

This is my 4th child, and with my others it was the same way. I know that I will not sleep a wink Thursday night and will be exausted on friday for my induction....

sigh...some of the JOYS of pregnancy!!!

kellybelly7570
by on May. 5, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Quoting Mamaz:

REALLY!!!!   I have not slept well since about 25 weeks  :(

jbardwell
by on May. 5, 2009 at 12:49 PM

MEEEEE TOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!  Except I am 37 weeks 4 days.

Jennifer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN