Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOLY MOLY PLEASE HELP ME! piog

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:14 AM
  • 6 Replies

Now please someone help me. My son is 3 1/2 years old. today he was sitting on the couch watching tv, and as I'm coming down stairs he is playing with "himself" and he said to me "mommy look my peckers getting bigger!"

HOLY CHEESE AND RICE!

what do I do? how do i react to that? what do I say to him? hahaha i couldn't help but turn my head and giggle because it was pretty darn cute but I don't want my son to become a perv or anything?? He sometimes will have an erection when he wakes up in the morning or after nap but he has never paid any attention to it. I think he only noticed this time because he was actually touching it. so PLEASE ladies give me some guidance here. I don't know how to handle this situation.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ilovedrake4ever
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:20 AM

Well its normal thats all I can say lol. My son is only 15 months and always plays with him self!! He likes to steal things like my brush and any hard object he can get and rub it on his diaper. When we change his diaper or give him a bath he puts his hand on him self and says, "see pee pee" and then gets all excited and plays till it gets hard. Every morning he wakes up with a hard on and he will giggle and say pee pee every time. Quite a few times we will turn away and when we turn back around he is laying on the floor humping and rubbing him self against the floor.

pregnancy

Been kicked out or booted out of another group? COME JOIN US!!!

WE WON'T KICK YOU OUT!

http://www.cafemom.com/groups/drake12308
lovingmykids77
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:26 AM

oh well my son doesn't do any of that. I don't think he plays with it for the feeling i thinks its more of the curiosity! but who knows

Quoting ilovedrake4ever:

Well its normal thats all I can say lol. My son is only 15 months and always plays with him self!! He likes to steal things like my brush and any hard object he can get and rub it on his diaper. When we change his diaper or give him a bath he puts his hand on him self and says, "see pee pee" and then gets all excited and plays till it gets hard. Every morning he wakes up with a hard on and he will giggle and say pee pee every time. Quite a few times we will turn away and when we turn back around he is laying on the floor humping and rubbing him self against the floor.

mommy2cristian
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2009 at 11:24 AM

I wish I could help.  I couldn't imagine that.  His dad would probably call him "sicko" because he'd be embarassed!  The other day I was changing his diaper & it was sticking up.  My son was just smiling & laughing at me because he thought it was funny in a "see mommy?" kind of way.  I just laughed as he was putting his butt in the air & said, "so? I've seen your daddy's & it's bigger so you're not showing me anything I haven't already seen.  You better not pee on Mommy."

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
bluerose_4evr
by Member on May. 8, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Well, it's normal if that makes you feel any better =)  My almost 4 year old plays with himself... Yea, it's a little embarassing since we live in a society where that could be turned into child abuse in some weird demented way.  Boys are curious.  Imagine if you had something between your legs and everytime you touched it it started to stand up..?  You'd be pretty entertained!!  So, the best thing to do is to tell them that the best place for that is in his room... He's going to have to learn that eventually enyway.  You'll never be able to get him to stop, so might as well just start teaching him where it's appropriate and where it's not.. 

Good luck Momma!!

riotgrrl
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:54 AM

My son did pretty much the same thing at the same age. My response was, "Yeah, they do that. You shouldn't be messing with it in the living room though, your penis is a private area and you should only be touching it in private." There is a line between teaching your kids appropriate behavior and not wanting them to feel shame about their bodies, and I just try to think carefully about how I word things. We also had a little talk about sanitation and washing his hands.

jesselswick
by on May. 10, 2009 at 7:41 PM

hahaha sorry the part about "if you had something between your legs.." part cracked me up because we were just talking about that the other day. (my hubby and I) because ofour 5 month old. I had asked him when he realized he had something there (mentally preparing myself for when he notices it) and then said "well if you noticed something between your legs and whenever you touched it it got bigger, you would be amazed too. Its like magic to a kid!"

Quoting bluerose_4evr:

Well, it's normal if that makes you feel any better =)  My almost 4 year old plays with himself... Yea, it's a little embarassing since we live in a society where that could be turned into child abuse in some weird demented way.  Boys are curious.  Imagine if you had something between your legs and everytime you touched it it started to stand up..?  You'd be pretty entertained!!  So, the best thing to do is to tell them that the best place for that is in his room... He's going to have to learn that eventually enyway.  You'll never be able to get him to stop, so might as well just start teaching him where it's appropriate and where it's not.. 

Good luck Momma!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)