Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need quick advice!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:43 AM
  • 5 Replies

i ran out of formula today and i don't have a car or a way to go get some until my hubby comes home for lunch at 12. my son is due for his next feeding in about an hour. i do however have some baby cereal and was wondering if i could just give him some of that to hold him over until i get the car. he's 3 months old, can hold his head up, and can sit when supported. this would be the first time i've given him cereal and i'm not sure how to do it. should i put it in his bottle? and if so, how much do i give him. or should i spoon feed it to him?

please help! he's going to wake up soon and i'm not sure what i should do!!!   :  /

by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cllasater
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:46 AM

i dont think i would give him cereal yet. i tried to give my daughter cereal at 4 almost 5 months and she was constipated for a week... if their digestive system isnt ready itll make for a total nightmare trying to get them to poop again. but if your going to id say it would be easier in a bottle.

ErinAnnaandBaby
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Not sure. 3 months is a bit young to start feeding I think and when I started with my daughter I mixed it with the formula so I am not sure what to say to you. Is there someone you can call? There's not even a gas station you could walk to?

redmamaof5
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:50 AM

you need formula way too young for cereal

golther
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:52 AM

See if a neighbor will run down to the store for you?

aphrodite7400
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:52 AM

maybe try a tiny amount of juice mixed with water.   i would call hubby and have him pick some up on his way home for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)