Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do???

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:10 AM
  • 14 Replies

Question: what would you do? Would you change dr?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

I went to the dr. at 24 weeks and the dr. said measuring are to large, at 28 weeks same thing, they did ultrasound and baby weighed 3lbs 6oz i was measuring 34 well i went back at 30 weeks and i was measuring 32 the dr. is sweet, i like her personality as well, and feel comfortable around her but she is talking c-section cause baby will be large. My last visit i told her i didnt want one i wanted to try naturally and she basically through that out the window and said i may not have a choice but hey the upside besides all the down i can get my tubes tied them, Woohoo my ass! I had an 8lb 12 oz baby no problem at all. I did well pushed twice no stitches. Im sure i can have a 10lbs baby. I dont want a c-section unless of course its life or death for me or baby. My thing is i do like her but i feel she may not change her mind once its time though she may im confused. Do you think i should change dr? what would you do????

by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:16 AM

If you feel strongly about this then yes you should switch but I'd do it fast b/c a lot of dr's won't take you as a new patient when you are past a certain point.  I already tried it but no dr's would take me b/c I in my 8th month.  You should feel comfortable with your dr.... no matter what the issue is and they work for you! GL

by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:17 AM

So you are only 30 weeks and they are already talking about c-section. Isnt 3 pounds or so normal for 30 weeks? Well my dr told me Im measuring bi. Im only 27 weeks and Im sure that my dr. Tony me my kid was a couple pound and something. Its really hard to tell.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:21 AM

the baby was 3lbs and 6oz at my 28 week apt.  my babies tend to be a little big

by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:27 AM

no i  would not change Dr's just b/c  she told u  ,  u should have a c-section   , i would just talk  to her  since in the long  run it is your choice  any ways .

by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:27 AM

my doctor and myself went back and forth and he told me bascially if I don't  do a c-section then he can refer to another doctor, it did hurt my feelings, but come to think about when I go back on Monday, I will take him up on that offer.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:30 AM

if you talk to her and she wont let you try for a natural birth (no c-section) then I would change doctors. it is your body, so if there is no medical need then your should do it naturally. a womans body is designed to be able to give birth, big baby or not. so only change doctors if she wont do what YOU wnat to do. good luck mommy!!

Mommy to be to Zakariah Franklin GibsonPimp My Profile

by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:09 PM

its not good to change your dr when your pregnant if you think about it, cus you have went to the same dr so far, and she or he knows everything about you and your pregnancy and all the troubles and stuff like that, you know what i mean, i think that would be more frusterating, i am not switching drs, and my dr said if my baby is to big im going to have to have a c-section cus im a tiny person and i cant handle a big baby he says. id say just talk to your dr, or just tuff it out, to late to get a new dr now ! 

by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Your doctor can't make you have a c-section.  Tell her firmly that you will only get a c-section if it becomes clear that there are complications requiring you to have one.  Tell her you are going to try naturally first.  My sister had a 9 lb. 14 oz. baby boy naturally just fine.  Besides, ultrasounds can be off on the weight.  They are only making an educated guess on the weight anyway.  On a side note, you may be too far along for another doctor to take you on as a patient.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Would I change doctors: no. Should YOU change doctors: if you feel she won’t listen to your concerns, or at least won’t entertain the idea of you going vaginally after you guys do an ultrasound later, then sure.

The important thing is that your baby comes out healthy. The most probable reason your doc is because of shoulder desplasa (sp). It can cause brain injury and death, and there is no indicator it’s coming until the baby’s head is out EXCEPT for the weight of the baby….

On a side note, u/s’s aren’t always 100% accurate on the weight.

Just my two cent’s worth. I’m not opposed to csection at all, but that’s just me. If it was me, I’d listen to what the doc says a do a csection…. But again that’s ME. Your feelings are VERY important, because this is your life and your baby!

Good luck girly. I wish ya all the best.

by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2009 at 10:02 PM

I would try my very best to get a second opinion.  I would not want a csec either and specially since you have another older child to take care of, its going to be way harder if you have to get a csec. i would def try to have omeone else check you out.  how can they say that for sure? that sUX. i wish you the best outcome

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)