Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you actually overdose on Evening Primrose Oil?

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:11 PM
  • 2 Replies

I am 5 days away from me due date and for about a week I have been taking it just orally. In one week I went from 25% to 50%. I have only been taking it once and it's a 1000 mg tablet. I am thinking about taking it two time a day down. Making that 2,000 mg a day...does anyone know if its safe to take that much? Also has this worked anyone. My midwife doesn't want me to insert it but only orally. Do you think it's just as effected to take it only orally?

by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kredhead
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:24 PM

I have no idea b/c I've never taken it.... but about the dosage, you could talk to your midwife and ask if it is safe to up the dosage and how much can you up it to.  Sorry I couldn't be more help. GL

jilliebean1980
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:36 PM

i do not know about evening primrose oil.....but i do know that certain vitamins and such can cause harm if too much is taken, ask a pharmacist or naturopath...research it online see what you coem up with. i know that i take amny minerals and vitamins for bipolar disorder, adn can not take them pregnant due to the fact they will harm the baby or cause me to miscarry.....so be careful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)