Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so sick :(

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:05 PM
  • 8 Replies

ugh... I have been feeling so very sick since the very beginning and it's driving me crazy. it is literally 24/7 and I have to literally force myself to take care of my toddlers. Moving, talking, breathing, thinking, everything upsets it worse.

I have not been puking, but it feels like my throat is open at all times and like its just waiting for something to come up... You know how it feels when it opens up right before you puke.

I also always feel like I'm starving and feeling sick isn't helping me take care of that much.

My doctor gave me Phenegren, but since I'm not actually puking, and it's not in my stomach, it doesn't do anything.

Any ideas? Certian things to (or not to) eat or drink, herbal ideas, medication to suggest to my doctor?

RAWR!! :(

by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ErinAnnaandBaby
by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:09 PM

I was really sick all the time with my dd and ginger helped a lot. Ginger snaps or true ginger ail or tea. They even make these ginger chew candy type things you can get at wild oats. I really don't like the taste but it helped me enough to where I actually had an appetite. Good luck mama!

mommyofmaknchz
by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:13 PM

I completely know how you feel. and as dumb as i sounds the only thing that made me feel better was pepsi with crushed ice. Thats where it all started. Now everyday on my hubby's was home from work he stops to get me a pepsi with crushed ice. Other than that good luck. I felt that way for the first 26 weeks i was pregnant. And i have 2 toddlers so it wasn't easy.

av0531
by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:25 PM

i've heard people talk about sea bands you can find them at walgreens or any kind of drug store around you. i'm not sure if they work because by the time i found out about them i was already starting to feel better which was only about 2 weeks ago. i had it 24/7 but i threw up alot and even ended up in the hospital about 14-15 weeks because i was dehydrated. good luck

baby_on_board10
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:49 PM

i was a little sick in the early stage but water/orange juice and crakers

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
KatieFlower
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2009 at 10:15 PM

sea bands worked for me its worth a shot they work for some people i hope you are feeling better soon

carol1983
by on May. 9, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Sea Bands worked great for me!!!!! I was sick all the time too- Hope they work for you :)

shellszee
by on May. 9, 2009 at 7:54 PM

With my first I tried ginger root and ginger ale. The ginger root was really hot ( I preferred the taste raw though over cooked/added to food) but it helped a little. I think the sugar in the ginger ale made me worse as most sweetened foods and drinks made my nausea worse. I took a few motion sickness tabs with my second, but they just made me more tired than I was. I am currently in the first trimester with my third child and by far I have been sicker than ever with this pregnancy and I haven't taken anything. Luckily now after about 3 weeks, the nausea has subsided from all day to diff. times during the day. Everything makes me sick, but being hungry/dehydrated makes me sicker so I try to force stuff down. If I get heartburn I get nauseated or the nausea increases and antacids make me more nauseaus. I guess just go with ginger b/c it provided minimal relief if you can tolerate the burn. Also, with this pregnancy, sometimes throwing up is the only thing that provides temporary relief and lying down. Sipping ice water on an empty stomach helps me too if I am not standing up. I hope somewhere in this response  you can try something that helps, but as you may be able to tell, I am not getting much relief myself.

lleasah
by on May. 9, 2009 at 10:17 PM

I'm sure you have read just about everything by now...I am on #5 and was nauseas/throwing up with all of them.  Try these few things and maybe one will work for you...

Ginger Tea or Peppermint Tea

Peppermint Gum or Hard Candy to suck on

Sea Bands worked well for me if I wasn't throwing up...so maybe this is a good option for  you.  The only thing is they fit pretty tight on my wrist and that bothered me a little.

Sometimes smells are what make you nauseas...try a peppermint candle, vicks vapo rub under your nose...you would be surprised at how this can calm your stomach.

I hope you feel better soon, I know how hard it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)