Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just a feeling.... (piog)

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:51 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have a feeling my lil man will go past his due date... Im due monday. I dont have the painful contractions l&d wants me to have, i was still 2cm dialated 50% effaced when i had to go in yesterday to get checked. My dr stripped my membranes tuesday. My mucus plug is officially all out. Walking & eating spicy foods hasnt done anything for me & im to scared to try castor oil. Its kinda frustrating! And my 40 wk apt is on wednesday bc my actual due date is on a holiday... I know the first baby tends to be late but im just so tired of being pregnant! And I feel bad for the mommas who are over due & their prolly thinkin "quit complainin". ugh any advice on what to do bout how I feel? does anyone else feel like this

Im 19 and pregnant with my first child and its a boy. Ive been married since I was 17 to a wonderful man he is a US MARINE. I am a Semper Fi wife and deployment survivor!

pregnancy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Megan.Aber
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:54 AM

i know just how you feel... my EDD is friday, and i'm thinking that same thing that you are!! i'm only 1cm and 50% effaced (as of thursday) i go back in on wednesday, but i'm hoping that my little guy will make his appearnce before the holiday is up.  i've been having contractions on and off for the past couple days now, they're starting to get more and more intense so i'm just praying and walking lol....but i hope you get to see your little guy soon!!

tami6108
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:03 AM

I guess your little guy is just as happy as could be where he is. =) I have heard that castor oil is the "thing" that will jump start you within a day or so. Good luck, I'm sure your going a little nutty.

pregpostmassage
by on May. 25, 2009 at 3:14 PM

The majority of babies are born 38-42 weeks from LMP. Only 4% are actually born on their EDD. So try to think of it as a "due month" rather than a "due date."

It is GOOD that you are feeling that you want the baby now--it's part of the process that ensures we will take care of our very fragile newborns--most women have these feelings near the end. So don't let that mess up the process (in other words, don't let yourself be induced because of it. :o) The baby will start labor as soon as he or she is ready: the baby's brain starts the hormonal process for labor.

Being stressed out about the baby not coming can actually make the baby stay in longer: the baby gets the signal from your stress that the world isn't safe right now, so the baby will try to wait a little longer. One of the best things you can do is spend the rest of your pregnancy relaxing--take up meditation or relaxation techniques, get some exercise (walking and water--prenatal water yoga is a hot class right now in some areas), find something to occupy your time (big hobby project, that series of books you always said you'd read, TV series DVDs, get a massage/bodywork, go over your birth bag, eat well, keep well-hydrated, ready your "nest," cook and freeze meals for those first couple of weeks when you shouldn't be doing anything but taking care of yourself and the baby, etc.)

You wouldn't take a cake out of the oven ten minutes early, and that's just a cake!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)