Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you think about in home services for mom?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:44 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am planning to use www.servemehere.com to book appointment with a mobile spa company coming to my house for massage, haircut, facials. It will save me time driving to the spa and I can breasfeed baby if needed in my house

would you use professionals services at your doorste? have you use www.servemehere.com?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gnr
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:54 AM

possibly, if I could afford it but I highly doubt I can right now =)

Photobucket

-----
Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today! (http://toolbar.cafemom.com)
alexandra1022
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:28 AM

i really dont care about that stuff when my children are young.

KellyinFL
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:52 AM

I checked my area out of curiousity and there were no results. Assuming it was affordable, I would have to really do my research about the person coming to my house. I would definitely want to get some referrals from previous customers so I could talk to them. It is a neat idea though.

babies
2milesboys
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:03 AM

HMM I DONT KNOW IF ID USE THIS BUT AS LONG AS YOU DO RESEARCH AND GET REFFERALS AND SUCH THEN I SAY GO FOR IT

MrsJohnson215
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:04 AM

As a very experienced momma to 5 bios and 3 steps....is this really necessary?  I only ask because looking good and feeling good are all wonderful things but there are plenty of things that you can do for yourself.  Also remember that after having a baby your hormones go through many changes.  Many women loose hair, hair grows, skin gets oily, skin gets drier, etc.  

Do you plan on stopping in the middle of a massage to breastfeed?

You would probably get a lot more out of having mom, mil, hubby, etc. watching the baby while you go to a spa.  The whole reason for going to a spa is for the relaxation, right?

pregpostmassage
by on May. 25, 2009 at 3:54 PM

You can find mobile massage therapists, etc. on the web--it's not just that site. :o)

It can be worth it, especially if you'd have to pay for baby care. (Don't worry about cleaning up much beyond making space.)

And you don't necessarily have to stop to breastfeed (depending on what youre doing, of course.) I've done multiple post-partum massages with the baby breastfeeding on the table and it goes fine (usually best if mom is on her side--and try both the bottom and the top breast.)

As LeVar Burton used to say: "But you don't have to take my word for it."
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)