Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not feeling much movement at 21 weeks.....(Placenta in the front (anterior) )

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:24 AM
  • 5 Replies

When we had the U/S last week the tech said that the placenta is in the front. The Dr said that may be why I'm not feeling much. I'm still a little concerned. With my son (and I know the placenta was in the back then) my DH could already feel kicking at this point. I barely feel anything. Just a little "flutter" now and then.

Anyone else experience this?

I think I am going to make an appointment for next week with another Dr at the practice just to double check.

Thanks guys :)

by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mommy090909
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Hey I was also told i had an anterior placenta at 20 weeks but then i felt some bubbles 2 weeks later , so im guessing that was him moving or something. Yeah dont worry about it. It will take some time. When you go for your doctors appointment and they do the doppler, you'll most likely hear him moving around. I heard my little boy moving but couldnt feel a thing. So im hoping to actually feel the movements everyone else does by week 26.

MyM
by on May. 25, 2009 at 10:44 AM
Dont worry!
I am 22 weeks pregnant and the same thing happened to me; my doctor said I shouldnt worry and that each pregnancy is different! (with my son I started feeling movement at 18 weeks!)
I have been feeling my little girl more for the past two days but still no real kicks.... I guess you just have to relax and enjoy.
It will certainly happen.
pregpostmassage
by on May. 25, 2009 at 1:50 PM

You have an extra "cushion" between the baby and the belly wall when the placenta is in front, so you are definitely going to feel less from that angle. :o)

ATM513
by on May. 26, 2009 at 4:04 PM

i had/have that too! i found out at my 20 week appt. as well... it made me kind of sad because i wanted to feel him and know he was okay... in any event within the last 2 weeks that has all changed and now i feel him! i read in my baby book that it doesn't last forever anyway so you should be good soon... its nothing to worry about :)

susancg
by on May. 28, 2009 at 10:44 AM
felt nothing until week 22. Everyone and every pregnancy is diff.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)