• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting post baby body back

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:08 AM
  • 2 Replies

I am only 16 weeks pregnant right now but I am already thinking about getting into shape after the baby is born. I did not worry about it with my son and I actually lost a bunch of the baby weight right away, but then I gained it all back because I was a SAHM and didn't exercise. Then it really got out of hand when I got on the depo shot and so I was not happy with myself at all. And I really do not want that to happen again. But after this baby is born I will have a newborn and an almost 3 year old and a house and all of that to take care of. I am just trying to stay in shape now so it will be easier to loose the weight later. I love to swim and walking works for me too, but what else can I do? I don't eat a bunch of junk and I am always up and around doing chores or errands or playing in the park with my son.

But what do you do to stay fit while pregnant? Can you lift weights (in moderation of course) for arms and legs?

Pregnancy Ticker
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
stace217
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:13 AM

You can lift weights. Just make sure your doing in properly and your using light weights.

I do alot of bike riding.. I have two kids and one on the way. My oldest is 4yrs and the other one is 19months. I have a bike trailer that hitches up to the back of the bike. I also have a gym membership to a gym by my house and I do light cardio on the treadmil and also some light weight lifting.

:]

entropyislove
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:18 AM

I have the same concerns!!

I'm about 35 weeks pregnant now with my first and although I haven't been too good at staying in shape during my pregnancy, I've been worried the whole time at how efficient I will be at getting this weight off! I really hope breastfeeding exclusively will jumpstart the loss, but I'm crossing my fingers for the motivation to stay as active as I was last summer. Good luck! I know I need it !

:P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)