Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st doctor appt.

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:16 AM
  • 4 Replies

I have the first official doctor appt. since finding out I am pregnant on June 9th.

They told me they like to see their patients when they are 6 weeks along.

What can I expect for the first doctor appt?  The books I'm reading say an ultrasound to hear the baby's heartbeat isn't until the 10th week.  Is that when they can determine if there's just one or more too?

Feeling great with baby #2 on the way... which is totally opposite than with my first one who is 4 and a half now.  I was sick with her from before I even knew I was pregnant to the day I delivered.  Yuk.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ashybaby87
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:21 AM

If i remember right they do a urine test & just a regular like check up. But im not positive. Nothing fancy is done though. Pretty much a confirmation that you're preggo, maybe discuss prenatals n thats about it if im remembering right.

MrsJohnson215
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Depending on your ob office, this may be just a nursing visit.  Depending on how long it has been since your last pap smear, they will do this.  This is probably your longest visit throughout the entire pregnancy.  There will be a health history completed, weight check, and urine sample.

Hope this helps and good luck

pregpostmassage
by on May. 25, 2009 at 1:29 PM

You can always call your HCP's office and ask what will be done. In fact, you can have them give you a schedule of what tests they usually recommend for their pregnant clients so you know what to research in advance.

As LeVar Burton used to say: "But you don't have to take my word for it."
Double.L
by on May. 25, 2009 at 1:34 PM

For all 3 of my pregnancies the first appt was to meet with the nurse/go over history and a million other things, and have bloodwork done.

The second appt is where they listened to the heartbeat, did my physical and went over all the paperwork/bloodwork with the doctor. 

With two of my pregnacies I did not know the exact date of my last period so they gave me ultrasound during my first appt to determine it.

He's my star....and I'm his sky....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)