Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

21 weeks pregnant but measuring 24 weeks??? WTH!

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:46 AM
  • 6 Replies

i went to the dr on monday at 20 wks 4 days. the dr told me i was measuring almost 24 weeks... thats a 3 week difference. this is interesting to me because he pushed my due date back almost 3 weeks at one of my early appointments! whats going on here?

has anyone else been measured as farther along than your due date is? just curious? 

girl on a swingOur Big Girl is 2!!

by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cmb121906
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Its not an exact science. You could be farther along then the Drs suspected or the baby could just be a bigger baby.

mrsmayhugh08
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:48 AM

I have.. I was 30 weeks 6 days and was measuring 32 weeks 5 days... 

Christina...
Mom to Matthew Jr & Jacob Noah, Wife to Matthew Sr

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination

MamaCeleste0722
by Member on May. 24, 2009 at 11:55 AM

With my first daughter, I measured about 2 weeks ahead. And FTR, she came right on time LOL

riotgrrl
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:12 PM

The measurements are just averages, and can vary a lot depending on how baby is laying and even things like how full your bladder or stomach are. If you are consistently measuring ahead, they might want to do another US to see if baby is big or if you have a lot of extra fluid. If it's just one appt you are measuring ahead at, it doesn't really mean very much.

Scooterpie09
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:36 PM

I was there with you! I was measuring 2-3 weeks futher then what they told me I thought for sure that me son would be early but I was wrong and went over be 6 days. But then again my baby was 8 lbs 10 oz and 20 3/4 inch. Good luck with you baby!!

navywifey2006
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:39 PM

with my 2nd child around 28 weeks i was measuring big...not sure how big but they ordered an ultrasound and i had too much amniotic fluid.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)