Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

coccyx (tailbone) pain? anyone? maybe TMI

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:19 PM
  • 2 Replies

im 21 wks and my tailbone has been killing me! my back tightens up to where i cant move.. like a pinched nerve. i have learned that it starts on my coccyx (tailbone). also... earlier in the week i noticed a lump on my tailbone full of fluid... i only know this because it "popped" and started to puss? im afraid that fluid on my tail bone is causing pinched nerves that radiate through my lower back! has anyone else had this? when it "popped" it instantly relieved a LOT  of the pain but the lump is getting bigger again? this is so weird!

girl on a swingOur Big Girl is 2!!

by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
TigerBaby69
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:47 PM

I have been having tailbone pain as well. I have a bad back as it is. The lump might be a cyst and could be pinching your psyatic nerve. Does the pain go to your buttcheek and then down your leg? Mine does that when my disk slips out of place and it makes it so I can't move as well. I don't have a lump though. My husband has a lump on the back of his shoulder and if you squeeze it, it pusses and smells like something died and it gets bigger but the doctor told him it was nothing to worry about. I would talk to your doctor about it though.

having a baby
babies
vannahsmom07
by on May. 25, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Quoting TigerBaby69:

I have been having tailbone pain as well. I have a bad back as it is. The lump might be a cyst and could be pinching your psyatic nerve. Does the pain go to your buttcheek and then down your leg? Mine does that when my disk slips out of place and it makes it so I can't move as well. I don't have a lump though. My husband has a lump on the back of his shoulder and if you squeeze it, it pusses and smells like something died and it gets bigger but the doctor told him it was nothing to worry about. I would talk to your doctor about it though.

mine starts at my tailbone and goes up through my lower back! sometimes it feels like a pinched nerve and i can move! im sure all this is caused from 10 yrs of figure skating and multiple falls on my a$$ but i just wish it would stop!

girl on a swingOur Big Girl is 2!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)