Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Braxton Hicks make me feel like I can't breathe?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:58 PM
  • 8 Replies

Is that normal?Last night I had horrible sleep because I kept having them and I'd wake up because of them because I felt like I couldn't breathe.I'm still having them but they are nowhere near each other so I'm not timing them.Is it normal for them to feel like they are squeezing the air out of you?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
eSnA2008
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:17 PM

i would say yes it is normal because thats how i get too..some ppl will tell ya oh no its ur baby being high but my boy is really low, i know what a contractions is and it does take my breath away while its happening...

pregnancy
kylebearsmom
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:21 PM

I have the same feeling sometime too, I am assuming its normal cause I haven't had any other things like that.

no-drama-momma
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Normal.....another fun part of pregnancy! lol

krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2009 at 5:57 PM

My stupid doctor tried to say that.My baby is nowhere near my lungs as far as her making it hard for me to breathe.Not only that but how come its only when my belly is hard?I told her I thought I was having bladder problems when they first started and then 2 weeks later yep I had a bladder infection and she gave me some medicine and they all went away.Now I don't think its a bladder problem just something thats happening.I forgot to mention I am 33 weeks.

Quoting eSnA2008:

i would say yes it is normal because thats how i get too..some ppl will tell ya oh no its ur baby being high but my boy is really low, i know what a contractions is and it does take my breath away while its happening...

eSnA2008
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:11 PM

yeah my last one did too...but i knew better.and it kep continuing and then when i got my new ob something happened and i had to go to l&d and i was haveing constant contractions so i was given a shot and the next day it started back so im on nifedipine for the rest of the pregnancy.im only 27 weeks

Quoting krystaldawn_21:

My stupid doctor tried to say that.My baby is nowhere near my lungs as far as her making it hard for me to breathe.Not only that but how come its only when my belly is hard?I told her I thought I was having bladder problems when they first started and then 2 weeks later yep I had a bladder infection and she gave me some medicine and they all went away.Now I don't think its a bladder problem just something thats happening.I forgot to mention I am 33 weeks.

Quoting eSnA2008:

pregnancy
krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Well with my son I ended up getting pre-e and I had to deliver at 37 weeks and it ended in a c-section which I still blame the magnesium for.This time around my doctors will let me try for a VBAC and so if my labor starts on its own then I get to other than that I'll be having a c-section on July 7th.I just need the baby to stay in till at least 36 weeks and then I can deliver her.They said they won't stop my labor then.I just hope she makes it till at least July 1st.Thats has to be hard though to knwo that you can go into labor anytime and it may not stop.I put myself on bedrest at 20 weeks so that I was hoping not to get pre-e again.So far so good too.I hope it stays that way.

Quoting eSnA2008:

yeah my last one did too...but i knew better.and it kep continuing and then when i got my new ob something happened and i had to go to l&d and i was haveing constant contractions so i was given a shot and the next day it started back so im on nifedipine for the rest of the pregnancy.im only 27 weeks

Quoting krystaldawn_21:

Quoting eSnA2008:

eSnA2008
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:55 PM

WELL I HOPE THE BEST TO YOU . HOPEFULLY THIS TIME IT WILL BE 10X BETTER FOR YOU,

Quoting krystaldawn_21:

Well with my son I ended up getting pre-e and I had to deliver at 37 weeks and it ended in a c-section which I still blame the magnesium for.This time around my doctors will let me try for a VBAC and so if my labor starts on its own then I get to other than that I'll be having a c-section on July 7th.I just need the baby to stay in till at least 36 weeks and then I can deliver her.They said they won't stop my labor then.I just hope she makes it till at least July 1st.Thats has to be hard though to knwo that you can go into labor anytime and it may not stop.I put myself on bedrest at 20 weeks so that I was hoping not to get pre-e again.So far so good too.I hope it stays that way.

Quoting eSnA2008:

Quoting krystaldawn_21:

Quoting eSnA2008:

pregnancy
krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Same for you.I do hope I get a VBAC though.

Quoting eSnA2008:

WELL I HOPE THE BEST TO YOU . HOPEFULLY THIS TIME IT WILL BE 10X BETTER FOR YOU,

Quoting krystaldawn_21:

Quoting eSnA2008:

Quoting krystaldawn_21:

Quoting eSnA2008:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)