Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pepto Bismo

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:51 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm reading about 3 Pregnancy books and one of them says pregnant women should avoid pepto bismo, asprin, etc.  Guess I better go buy some Tylenol.

What do we take when we get heartburn or upset stomach?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Lacy_2
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:59 PM

IDK what brands or what we are supposed to take. If I have heartburn or things like that I take Tums or something like that. I don't take Pepto but that is because it does nothing for me.. LOL.. But certainly go buy some Tylenol for pain when you need it.  

These are merely my opinions, NOT facts. What I state is what I have learned with my kids as a mother, after all isn't that what cafemom is about- Mother's giving other Mother's advice. Advice is just opinions NOT facts.
MAXnBRYCESmom
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:00 PM

I took Tums or Rolaids for heartburn, gingerale for upset stomach.

missamanda86
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Tums are my best friend....if its bad enough, you doc can prescribe zantac or pepcid (i dont remember which)

ycnim
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Thanks!  Tums it is!

pregpostmassage
by on May. 25, 2009 at 1:11 PM

For heartburn try ginger (you can boil fresh root to make a tea, or take capsules, or eat ginger candy, etc.) For upset stomach try your favorite mint tea or candy (mint will aggravate heartburn because it relaxes the lower esophagus sphincter.) Essential oils of the above--smelling it or rubbing it into your skin with a carrier oil (NOT straight.)

There's also the acupressure point PC-6, which is what the sea-bands activate. You can use your thumb to press in deeply whenever you're nauseous. It's about two thumbwidths from the wrist fold, near the center but slightly towards the thumb on the anterior (palm) side.

You can also try some foot reflexology points: solar plexus, stomach/duodenum, liver and gall-bladder--and if in doubt, don't. Make sure when you or your partner works on your feet that they don't put sustained pressure anywhere else, but especially around the ankles and lower leg.

Quoting ycnim:

I'm reading about 3 Pregnancy books and one of them says pregnant women should avoid pepto bismo, asprin, etc.  Guess I better go buy some Tylenol.

What do we take when we get heartburn or upset stomach?

AzIzAzIzA
by on May. 27, 2009 at 4:20 AM

NO PEPTO

just like asprin, i was told PEPTO is bad...which is horrible because I get severe indegestion and other things (i wont gross u all out) and pepto is literally the only thing that helps.  I woul suggest tums, but ive noticed lately with heartburn-some milk works great.  ginger is also good---or plain yogurt.  Those dont help with my other symptoms, but if u ask ur dr-they will tell u NO PEPTO. 

pregnancy week by week

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

khedy
by on May. 27, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I was told to take TUMS with added calcium.

Lilcountrygrl86
by on May. 27, 2009 at 2:09 PM

I am due on jan 26th too =  )

Quoting ycnim:

Thanks!  Tums it is!

CAgirl1214
by on May. 27, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Load up on tums.  I got a lot of acid reflux when i was prego, especially towards the end probably because my stomach was pushed upwards, and tums helped a lot.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)