• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EuphoricBirthServices.com

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:18 PM
  • 5 Replies

My website is up and running. Please go visit EuphoricBirthServices.com and let me know what you think. The program I used doesn't have spell check so please let me know if I made any spelling or grammatical errors. I still have some fine tuning to do on the Resources page.

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks!

Well-behaved women seldom make history." - Laurel Thatcher

by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cali4niachef
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Nothing? Any feedback, good or bad?

We have a secret in our culture, it's not that birth is painful, it's that women are strong. - Laura Stavoe Harm

maybebaby15
by on May. 25, 2009 at 12:10 AM
I took a quick look - I'm on my Blackberry right now, so these are just some things I noticed. Before I get into these though, I really like your graphic, and your site is easy to understand and navigate! On the home page, you have 3 s's in "necessary." On the 'About us' page, there are two spaces between "empowering" and "experience." In the paragraph about you, "imensely" is missing an "m" (it should be "immensely"). I would make the last sentence "Tanya aspires to be a homebirth midwife." "Testimonial" is missing the second "i" in the header. In the services page, I think you should say "capture" or "commemorate" rather than "captivate" your pregnancy (about belly casting). The section on placenta medicine... Remove the apostrophe in "placenta's" because it's not possessive, just plural. In the lactation support section, "breastfeeding" is missing a "t." I'd be happy to take a more in-depth look for you... My background is in journalism - writing and editing. PM me and let me know if you need help - it'd be no problem.
cali4niachef
by on May. 25, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Quoting maybebaby15:

I took a quick look - I'm on my Blackberry right now, so these are just some things I noticed. Before I get into these though, I really like your graphic, and your site is easy to understand and navigate! On the home page, you have 3 s's in "necessary." On the 'About us' page, there are two spaces between "empowering" and "experience." In the paragraph about you, "imensely" is missing an "m" (it should be "immensely"). I would make the last sentence "Tanya aspires to be a homebirth midwife." "Testimonial" is missing the second "i" in the header. In the services page, I think you should say "capture" or "commemorate" rather than "captivate" your pregnancy (about belly casting). The section on placenta medicine... Remove the apostrophe in "placenta's" because it's not possessive, just plural. In the lactation support section, "breastfeeding" is missing a "t." I'd be happy to take a more in-depth look for you... My background is in journalism - writing and editing. PM me and let me know if you need help - it'd be no problem.

awesome, thanks! on my way to edit it :o)

Well-behaved women seldom make history." - Laurel Thatcher

pregpostmassage
by on May. 25, 2009 at 11:41 AM

The site looks great!One thing I would change are the titles, so "Home" would be "Euphoric Birth Services - Home."

The following is incorrect, despite popular prevailance:

'The word "doula" comes from the ancient Greek meaning "a woman who serves" [...]'

It's actually the feminine form of a Greek word for "slave." People in Greece have been taken aback when meeting women calling themselves "doulas." Michael Odent, a famous OB/GYN, says that Greeks would rather we used the word "paramana" which has the same meaning as "midwife" in old English (with wife).

I put this out there because it looks ignorant to claim that "doula" means something that it doesnt.

doulos (doo'-los)
bondman, servant, slave

From deo; a slave (literal or figurative, involuntary or voluntary; frequently, therefore in a qualified sense of subjection or subserviency) -- bond(-man), servant.

see GREEK deo

δοῦλα (doula)
δοῦλε (doule)
δοῦλοι (douloi)
δούλοις (doulois)
δοῦλον (doulon)
δοῦλος (doulos)
δούλου (doulou)
δούλους (doulous)
δούλῳ (doulō)
δούλων (doulōn)

Source: http://strongsnumbers.com/greek/1401.htm

As LeVar Burton used to say: "But you don't have to take my word for it."
cali4niachef
by on May. 25, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Thanks!

I know who Michel Odent is, I was just in Denmark with him at a midwifery conference :o)

Ive been to his Paramana website, a training program for doulas.

Quoting pregpostmassage:

The site looks great!One thing I would change are the titles, so "Home" would be "Euphoric Birth Services - Home."

The following is incorrect, despite popular prevailance:

'The word "doula" comes from the ancient Greek meaning "a woman who serves" [...]'

It's actually the feminine form of a Greek word for "slave." People in Greece have been taken aback when meeting women calling themselves "doulas." Michael Odent, a famous OB/GYN, says that Greeks would rather we used the word "paramana" which has the same meaning as "midwife" in old English (with wife).

I put this out there because it looks ignorant to claim that "doula" means something that it doesnt.

doulos (doo'-los)
bondman, servant, slave

From deo; a slave (literal or figurative, involuntary or voluntary; frequently, therefore in a qualified sense of subjection or subserviency) -- bond(-man), servant.

see GREEK deo

δοῦλα (doula)
δοῦλε (doule)
δοῦλοι (douloi)
δούλοις (doulois)
δοῦλον (doulon)
δοῦλος (doulos)
δούλου (doulou)
δούλους (doulous)
δούλῳ (doulō)
δούλων (doulōn)

Source: http://www.cafemom.com/doulos%20%28doo%27-los%29%20bondman,%20servant,%20slave%20%20From%20deo;%20a%20slave%20%28literal%20or%20figurative,%20involuntary%20or%20voluntary;%20frequently,%20therefore%20in%20a%20qualified%20sense%20of%20subjection%20or%20subserviency%29%20--%20bond%28-man%29,%20servant.%20%20see%20GREEK%20deo%20%20%CE%B4%CE%BF%E1%BF%A6%CE%BB%CE%B1%20%28doula%29%20%20%CE%B4%CE%BF%E1%BF%A6%CE%BB%CE%B5%20%28doule%29%20%20%CE%B4%CE%BF%E1%BF%A6%CE%BB%CE%BF%CE%B9%20%28douloi%29%20%20%CE%B4%CE%BF%CF%8D%CE%BB%CE%BF%CE%B9%CF%82%20%28doulois%29%20%20%CE%B4%CE%BF%E1%BF%A6%CE%BB%CE%BF%CE%BD%20%28doulon%29%20%20%CE%B4%CE%BF%E1%BF%A6%CE%BB%CE%BF%CF%82%20%28doulos%29%20%20%CE%B4%CE%BF%CF%8D%CE%BB%CE%BF%CF%85%20%28doulou%29%20%20%CE%B4%CE%BF%CF%8D%CE%BB%CE%BF%CF%85%CF%82%20%28doulous%29%20%20%CE%B4%CE%BF%CF%8D%CE%BB%E1%BF%B3%20%28doul%C5%8D%29%20%20%CE%B4%CE%BF%CF%8D%CE%BB%CF%89%CE%BD%20%28doul%C5%8Dn%29%20%20%20Source:%20http://strongsnumbers.com/greek/1401.htm

~ Cindy
Mama to Reed and Jonas, wife to Rodney, Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, Student Midwife, certifiably non-certified doula by choice, professionally trained baker, coffee addict, lactavist, birth junkie, born and raised in the San Francisco bay area, born-again Christian and attachment parenting mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)