• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question?? Possibly TMI..

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:35 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok I know that having mucousy discharge during pregnancy is normal. But is there such a thing as TOO much? I seriously have like big globs at least once a day... I don't remember this ever happening with my other two... I would have a little here and there.

But I Just seem to have BIG globs... Suddenly I feel like I wet myself and I go to the bathroom and I have this big wet mucousy glob in my panties.???

Sorry if that was TMI... :\

by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
andreasmom02
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:36 PM

I didn't hardly have any with my first baby... but with baby #2 I had a lot! You could talk to your OB about it if you're concerned. It's normal to have a lot of it during pregnancy from what I've read.

carolasaya
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:39 PM
that happened to me with my second one, I would say it is normal, but check with the doc anyway.
amommyslife03
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:45 PM

its norm  i have that a couple times a day and i waz ammited to the hosp and they said totaly norm so nothing to worry about unless you start getting itchy or burning or pain or bad smell with it then worrie till then your ok   

muskegonmommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:49 PM

i would go to the dr. you could also have an infection or something like that. The feeling like ur wetting ur self is normal... I did it with my third pregnacy. The dr told me that my urine was pooling up inside me when i went potty it wouldnt all come out and then when i moved just the right way there it was...It sucks but its all part of the party of having a baby! I hope this helps

Sethpatricksmom
by on May. 25, 2009 at 1:29 AM

You didn't say how far along you were...but in your third trimester it's completely normal to have mucousy discharge, especially in your last month or so when you could actually be shedding your plug.  For some, it comes out all at once.  For others (like myself), it takes weeks.  But as I progressed further in my third trimester both times it increased.  If you're really worried about it, mention it to your doc.  They'll let you know!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

stace217
by on May. 25, 2009 at 9:45 AM

I am 22 weeks.

Quoting Sethpatricksmom:

You didn't say how far along you were...but in your third trimester it's completely normal to have mucousy discharge, especially in your last month or so when you could actually be shedding your plug.  For some, it comes out all at once.  For others (like myself), it takes weeks.  But as I progressed further in my third trimester both times it increased.  If you're really worried about it, mention it to your doc.  They'll let you know!

Sethpatricksmom
by on May. 25, 2009 at 6:53 PM

I'd mention it to your doc in that case.  Better yet, you should probably call them.  Better safe than not.

Quoting stace217:

I am 22 weeks.

Quoting Sethpatricksmom:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)