• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Old Wives's Tales about the sex of the baby...

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:51 PM
  • 13 Replies

I've heard tons of Old Wives Tales about how pregnancy symptoms can give away the sex of your baby! I've heard you get more morning sickness with girls and headaches with boys. I've heard that your boobs get bigger with boys and you have dizzy spells with boys! What have you heard?! I'm only 5 weeks along, but I'm curious!

~* I'm a Young Married PostCollegeEducated Breastfeeding Vaccinating - NoCIO Overly Caffeinated STAHM to a Huge Adorable Loud Spirited little lady*~

Johanna Margaret *June 13, 2008*

10lbs 5.2 oz 21.5 inches baby girl

by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama2Mikey
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Well, I didn't have many symptoms at all with my son, except the headaches... but this pregnancy I got TERRIBLE morning sickness, but I also had some headaches, my boobs are a lot bigger then with my son, and I get dizzy spells all the time.... I'm pregnant with a girl. So I have one of the old wives tales true. :)

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker         Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

txaznbabe19
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Ugh I hate old wive's tales b/c none of it applied to me with both pregnancies. My 1st, everyone said GIRL and I had a boy and my 2nd, everyone said BOY and I had a girl lol

ebbierowe
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:14 PM

I will say with my son I had headaches and fainted just about everyday for most of the pregnancy...

I didn't do that with my first which is a girl....with this pregnancy I haven't fainted but I have had dizzy spells...but  don't know what I am having yet...

Bryan's High School Sweetheart in love (for 15 years)  

Mommy to Asiateen girl and Roman american football

Tummy Trouble??? http://www.cafemom.com/group/85015

Air0623
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:14 PM

It's all bull. You have a 50% chance of them being "true" for you LOL. Seriously though,it's all crap. I felt EXACTLY the same in the beginning with my DD,and my DS(who I am preg. with now)...and obviously they are different sexes. I had horrrrrible morning sickness with both up until about the 20th week. The only difference so far is I craved more sweets with my DD,and now I crave tomatoes lol. But I still have a little sweet tooth=) Also,I gained more with my daughter then this time around. I really do believe you gain more with girls...I swearrrr by that one!

Kikesama
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:15 PM

My boobs are HUGEMUNGIOUS, I have terrible headaches, The heartrate it 134 and I get dizzy spells. I am having a BOY. haha

I also have WAY more heartburn than with my first son. With my son I had little to no heartburn and he had a TON of hair. This one will prolly be bald haha

Kikesama
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Oh I have been craving tomatoes TOO! I ate about 4 today alone.

Quoting Air0623:

It's all bull. You have a 50% chance of them being "true" for you LOL. Seriously though,it's all crap. I felt EXACTLY the same in the beginning with my DD,and my DS(who I am preg. with now)...and obviously they are different sexes. I had horrrrrible morning sickness with both up until about the 20th week. The only difference so far is I craved more sweets with my DD,and now I crave tomatoes lol. But I still have a little sweet tooth=) Also,I gained more with my daughter then this time around. I really do believe you gain more with girls...I swearrrr by that one!

no-drama-momma
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:23 PM

There's some websites out there that do gender predictions off of old wives tales that u can check out (just Google 'gender prediction')......Anyways, all of the things u listed in your post have been 100% true for me...I have had 2 girls and am now pregnant with my only boy....with the girls, the morning sickness was much worse and I also lost a lot of hair when I was preg with my girls...with this one-boy-I have had the absolute worst headaches, my boobs are much bigger and much more tender, my hair has grown more (on the head and legs and even hair on my tummy! lol--it's light) and I have had horrible, scary dizzy spells with this preg which I didn't have with my girls.  I am also carrying completely different this time and my hormones have been so much more intense this time--I cry about absolutely everything.  I have also craved more salty and spicy food this time rather than the sweet stuff I craved with my girls (which is supposed to be a sign too)  This pregnancy has just felt so incredibly different than my others that it almost feels like my first pregnancy cuz I don't know what to expect.  With my girls it was like the same pregnancy all over again.

logansmommy0728
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:05 PM

I just had to share -

I just took one of those online gender prediction quizzes for fun (since it's obviously way too early to even guess by symptoms and intuition), and it said that I have a 50% chance of having a boy. It didn't even mention the other 50% chance of having a girl!

I just found that funny, lol...

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

pregnancy

discokittten
by on May. 25, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Hahaha Damn! Do you really think it's too early to tell by intuition?

Quoting logansmommy0728:

I just had to share -

I just took one of those online gender prediction quizzes for fun (since it's obviously way too early to even guess by symptoms and intuition), and it said that I have a 50% chance of having a boy. It didn't even mention the other 50% chance of having a girl!

I just found that funny, lol...

thursun4
by on May. 25, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Quoting Air0623:

I totally agree !!! You are so right !! 50/50, that's it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)