• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP BABY SUNBURN

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:57 PM
  • 5 Replies

MY BABY IS ALMOST 9MNTS AND HAS SUNBURN ON HIS FACE I FELL SOOOOOOOO AWFULL AND DONT KNOW HOW TO HELP HIM ! HE DOESNT SEEM UPSET WITH IT BUT IT JUST CAME IN FROM TODAY ABOUT 5 HOURS AGO MY MOTHER IN LAW HAD HIM OUTSIDE AND I DIDNT HAVE MY SUNSCREEN WITH ME DID NOT THINK WED BE THERE FRO AS LONG AS WE WHERE , I ALWAYS HAVE IT WITH ME BUT WE JUST HAD TO RUN TO HER HOUSE BUT ENED UP THERE ALL DAY !! PLEASE FILL ME IN IM REALLY SCARED..
THANKS ANNIE

by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mrsmorrissey04
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:59 PM

if its hurting you can put white vinager on it. that will take the sting out. there are also some really good lotions and the gels. he is old enough to use those. just becareful around the eyes.

toddler girlcome homebaby girl

pregpostmassage
by on May. 25, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Aloe vera is safe to use, but if he doesn't seem to be uncomfortable, I wouldn't worry about it.You could also use cool cloths (like a washcloth dipped in cold water and wrung out.)

You can use a brimmed hat or other covering if you're wary about using sunscreen

As LeVar Burton used to say: "But you don't have to take my word for it."
cowgurl_ash
by on May. 25, 2009 at 4:21 PM

If you know anyone with an aloe plant or if you have one snip a peice off and just smear it in really good on the burn.   Watch out for fever too.. If its bad I would worry about sun poisoning.. I hope he feels better. :)

Pregnancy ticker

jbirddinky
by on May. 26, 2009 at 11:59 AM

I had a philipene lady tell me once if that happens, to go to the grocery store and buy ginger root.  Break a piece off and boil it in water.  wait for it to cool and dip a washcloth in their and pat it on the sunburn.  it works.

erica243446
by on May. 26, 2009 at 12:01 PM

cool aloe will take the burn off , but if hes ok , yu dont need to use it . just keep his face clean nd try not to let him rub his face . if it looks irritated or chapped , then def use the aloe

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)