Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby wearing mamas! What's your favorite Mai Tei brand?(piog)

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:44 PM
  • 1 Replies

So I have been very indecisive about what carrier I'd like to use... I think I've narrowed it down to the Mai Tai style, cause I like the versatility of using it for front, back, and hip carrying.Plus i think they are supposed to be good for NBs all the way to Toddler. My LO is 9 wks, so I'd like to use it from now and not need another one anytime soon! I think my top 3 faves I've seen are the Babyhawk, Freehand, and the Kozy. It seems like the Freehand and Kozy are about the same, but the Kozy can come with the nice pocket, and I think I like supporting a company founded by a SAHM. I like the colors/patterns of the Freehand and Babyhawk best... The thing I don't like about the Babyhawk, might be what makes it look like the best in durability. That heavy black border, especially on the top doesn't look as good to me, but maybe it adds durability? How durable are the straps on the Kozy or Freehand?? DH said he thought the Kozy/Freehand just looked like cloth with straps where the Babyhawk seemed sturdier. Is this true? Is there a difference in strap length on any of them? I'd love as many detailed opinions as possible!!

by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
pregpostmassage
by on May. 25, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Some childbirth educators keep several wraps/carriers around for moms to try--some have baby-wearing classes. I would suggest trying on as many as you can, as not all are created equal and some are better for some bodies than others.

As LeVar Burton used to say: "But you don't have to take my word for it."
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)