Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

39 weeks pregnant with daily headaches.. problem???

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 1:52 AM
  • 14 Replies

just wanted a bit of insight on this:

I have had daily headaches for about 2-3 days now, and even after I take some aspirin, it still remains. Is this a problem regarding pregnancy? Labor maybe close? I don't know... if this has happened to anybody, please let me know, thanks...

by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steph2884
by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 1:58 AM

You should get your blood pressure checked. High blood pressure can cause headaches.

GavinsMommy480
by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 2:00 AM

thats the thing-- everytime ive gone for my check up, it's always good... grrr... 

babydsmommy18
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2009 at 2:04 AM

First of all you should not take aspirin it thins your blood and can be bad for you and your baby take tylenol ONLY..  But I am also getting daily head aches and I am only 16 weeks I only had about 3 bad head aches with my son But with this baby it has been daily for the past 2 -3 weeks they are in my left eye and nothing makes them go away i mean NOTHING tylenol,sleep, caffeine you name It I have done it.. I am going to talk to my ob about it Friday good luck and hope you feel better!!

Are you ready for This?? I am a 19 year old re-married Mommy to a co-sleeping,Breastfeeding,No CIO,Luvs wearing,Baby wearing, 13 month old preemie named Donovan and a little peanut on the way!!

logiemommy
by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 5:22 AM

Asprin isn't good for pregnant women.

I have severe headaches/migraines thru out my pregnancies. More when pregnant then not.

Tyneol extra strength helps for the minor ones, but I had to get a prescription from my OB for my more severe ones.

Since you are close to the end they may not prescribe you anyting. I would try tyneol extra strength and see if it helps, Its still not a bad idea to bring the headaches up to your OB.

To answer your question, since I don't know any different I would say its normal to have headaches during pregnancy, but with any concerns you may have it wont hurt to talk to your OB about it.

Heydes01
by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 8:18 AM

When is the last time you had your blood pressure checked?  Pre-eclampsia shows up most of the time the last few weeks of pregnancy and the blood pressure shoots up out ouf no where.  Are you really swollen?  I would call you dr. or go to your local pharmacy and check it.  They all usually have a machine you can use for free.

Quoting GavinsMommy480:

just wanted a bit of insight on this:

I have had daily headaches for about 2-3 days now, and even after I take some aspirin, it still remains. Is this a problem regarding pregnancy? Labor maybe close? I don't know... if this has happened to anybody, please let me know, thanks...

wsv777
by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Well I have very low blood pressure usually barely in the 90's, when I was pregnant with my first in week 39 I experienced the same thing when I went to get checked my OB said my blood pressure jumped to like 130 and I gained 4 (out of 10lbs total) in a week. She was concerned saying this was my body's way of saying it was having a hard time tolerating any more. I was induced the next day. I'd just go get checked out tomorrow if you can and make sure all is well.

*Becareful with asprin I have lupus so I take a baby one everyday by force.

AmberMoffat
by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Drink more water and try some tylenol... Not asprin.

mjimaging
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2009 at 3:22 PM

My doctor said that headaches are part of the deal during certain parts of pregnancy.  I don't remember which parts though.  I had headaches for a couple weeks at one point and she said that it is normal and that at another point down the road, they would crop up again.  So maybe it's the end that they come back.  Sorry I don't remember but I know that they are normal for parts of the pregnancy.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

MOCHAMOMME
by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I had migraines during my first trimester, once I adjusted my diet and slept more they went away...if you are eating enough of the right foods, hydrated and getting enough rest I would call my OB.  

pregpostmassage
by on Jun. 8, 2009 at 10:15 AM

If your headaches interfere with your life in any way, or if you're experiencing sensory "hallucinations" with your headaches (colors, auras, sounds, smells), you should call your doctor. If they're mild enough for you to handle, you should be fine (it's probably just the end-of-the-pregnancy blood volume.) As ladies state above, aspirin is bad for pregnancy, tylenol is usually prescribed instead--but you can talk to your doctor about options.

You can try ice or heat or your head; when I had bad migraines I got great relief from soaking mint tea bags in ice water and putting them over my eyes and the back of my head (occiput area near the neck.)

As LeVar Burton used to say: "But you don't have to take my word for it."
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN