Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have a Baby and Pregnant

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:28 AM
  • 64 Replies

My firstborn will be 10 months this week and I will be 5 months pregnant with #2.  I'm looking for moms who were / are in a similiar situation.  My babies will only be 14 months apart.  I'm excited, but struggling with exhaustion, stress, hormones, et cetera.  Having two so close together is a tremendous strain on the body and mind.  It would be great to keep in touch with other mommies of the "baby bunching" thing, especially since my hubby so does not understand what I am experiencing -- having babies is brutal!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gyah2008
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:43 AM

hey its not a for sure thing but i think that i might be pregnant too and my son is only 9 months old and yea it is crazy stressful what does your boyfriend/husband think??

darbyxcrash
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:51 AM

I have 2 girls really close, 12 months and 20 days to be exact! Then I have my boys who are 16 months apart. Its hard when they are little. BUT my girls are 4 and 5 now and best friends. They love playing with each other and spending time with each other. Its great! My boys are still babies though, 22 months and 6 months. So right now its kinda crazy, but I cant wait for them to be best buddies!

tydaniel
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:53 AM

my son is 15 months old now and I am 23 weeks pregnant. They will be 17 months apart.

lilmomma20
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:57 AM
lol i was in the same exact position.. my girls are 14 months apart.. its hard at first but.. it gets way better after they start walking and talking. they have a playmate and someone to learn with.. thats nice.
heather.huckaby
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:02 AM

My son is 16 months, and I'm 27 weeks pregnant.  They will be 19 months apart.  I joined a group on here called "Closely Spaced Siblings", and there are MANY other women who are or have been in this exact situation.  Check it out--- there's plenty of helpful advice & support there!

~*~I'm Heather-- a 22 year old Southern girl, born & raised in North Louisiana. I'm a stay at home mommy to Gage (born January 24, 2008)& another little boy on the way (due September 06, 2009)! My husband, Nick, and I have been married since June 10, 2006. I am pro-breastfeeding, pro-life, pro-gun, and pro-spoiling my babies! : ) I co-sleep, use disposable diapers, do NOT use the CIO method, believe strongly in extended rear facing, and, most importantly, know that God blessed me with a wonderful, healthy family, and I will teach my children about Him and His word.~*~

Vsoul0608
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:26 AM

I know exactly how you feel.  My babies are a little over 14 1/2 months apart.  My DD was born 11-22-06, I was 6 1/2 months pregnant with #2 on her first birthday.  DS was born 2-13-08. 

Being pregnant with #2 was tough because I was SOO tired all the time but I had to be on the go all the time because DD was still an infant and needed my constant attention.  She was a little over 6 months old when I found I was pregnant again. It got easier toward the end of my pregnancy.

After DS was born it wasn't as bad as I expected but I was still tired all the time.  I would find myself falling asleep while feeding the newborn in the middle of the night.  It was tough those first couple of weeks.  Once the newborn starts sleeping through the night it will get A LOT easier.  Youll find your not as tired and spaced out.

My DD wasn't jealous like I figured she would be, I think it was because she was too young to understand which was one good thing about having them so close together.  I couldn't imagine having another one right now tho cause DS would probably disown me.  He hates when I even hold another baby.

Right now my DD just turned 2 1/2 and my DS will be16 months on Saturday and they are in the stage where sometimes they play together just fine and other times they just want to fight over everything.  I can't wait until this stage is over!

I like having them so close in age because they are SO fun together.  I loved it when they babbled back and forth and had a conversation that only they could understand.  Don't get me wrong, it is exhausting but totally worth it, especially when you see the older one teaching the younger one something.  My DD taught my DS how to crawl at 5 months old.  After that he followed her everywhere and at the time he didn't mind, she was only 19 months old.  Now when he runs after her and follows her she gets mad at him!  

I'm sure you'll be just fine though Mommy.  If I can do it (single mom) anybody can!  If you ever wanna talk or have any questions dont hesitate to message me.  I would be glad to help in any way I can wether it be for advice, answer a question or you just need someone to vent to cause I've been there myself.

luna08
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:48 AM

my dd will be 14 months 2 weeks when peanuts due

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

styler7
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Well, it's been 10 years since my son and daughter were born at 11 months apart, but I do know how you feel! It gets better, I promise. Time flew by so fast that I look back and wonder how the heck the kids got to these ages. You won't be stressed and tired forever. Get them on the same sleeping and napping schedule, that really helped me.

FirstTimer2349
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Have you found out, yet?

The night I told him he was really stressed out.  And though still stressed, he is super excited.  Me?  I'm so fatigued, achey, stressed, and hormonal -- but I love my unborn baby, so I know things will be fine.  At least I'm finally over the morning sickness!

Quoting gyah2008:

hey its not a for sure thing but i think that i might be pregnant too and my son is only 9 months old and yea it is crazy stressful what does your boyfriend/husband think??

FirstTimer2349
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Wow -- two sets of baby bunching.  Way to go!  Did you plan it that way or were both sets a surprise?

Quoting darbyxcrash:

I have 2 girls really close, 12 months and 20 days to be exact! Then I have my boys who are 16 months apart. Its hard when they are little. BUT my girls are 4 and 5 now and best friends. They love playing with each other and spending time with each other. Its great! My boys are still babies though, 22 months and 6 months. So right now its kinda crazy, but I cant wait for them to be best buddies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)