Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have no idea how to fix this. tmi possibly

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:12 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am almost 24 weeks pregnant with my second child and I am in so much pain it is ridiculous. It hurts in my hips and "down there". It is just achy all the time. No matter what I do I tried to keep active threw out the day then kind of in between activity like taking breaks and resting more then I even sat almost all day and nothing worked. It takes me so long to just sit up after laying down I am seriously considering sleeping in a chair from now on. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to make it go away or even not as painful. Thank you in advanced.

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
dragonflie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:17 AM

I have no idea, never heard of that.  I would call your doctor and see what they have to say.  Good luck

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly,

Kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably,

And never regret anything that made you smile

Stop by and sign my guess book, I finally figured out how to add it to my homepage!

bulldogb
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:52 AM

I recommend pre-natal yoga or water aerobics.  Both help you stretch your muscles and shift your baby load around to a more comfortable position.  You might try getting down on your hands and knees and alternating arching and and slumping your back. 

hotmoma2006
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Hun you sound just like me, though mine started with my first. At 12 weeks with my first i went to er. I hurt so bad i couldn't move or get out of bed, Thought i was down with the flue with only body ache we'll i looked like an idiot the lady said your pregnant go home lol. I was in shock that at just 12 weeks i could hurt like i did and after that when i got up out of bed my back and lower stomach and ect. hurt so bad i couldn't walk if i sat down after walking or doing something i hurt so bad. With this pregnancy my 3rd it didnt hit me until 20 weeks i guess. My down there area feels like its gonna fall off it hurts like ive been having wild sex all day lol, my back hurts, my pelvic are is killing me. Unfortunately there isnt much to do other than hot baths, dont over due your self, and try a belly band i think it is something like that helps support your body from belly. Good luck

mamad122
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:57 AM

This is what my midwife recommends to make sure the baby is in a good position. Helps with back pain, may roll the baby to take pressure off some areas.

Yoga would be great too.

Quoting bulldogb:

I recommend pre-natal yoga or water aerobics.  Both help you stretch your muscles and shift your baby load around to a more comfortable position.  You might try getting down on your hands and knees and alternating arching and and slumping your back. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Icons

Mama2lilGarrett
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:20 AM

I had HORRIBLE hip pain when I was prego wtih my son. To the point I was crying and I can handle pain pretty well. I would try to sleep and 5 min later I was up bawling again. NOTHING made it go away. I tried back rubs, tylenol, getting on my knees, swimming, baths, sleeping on the floor, on the bed, sitting up laying down. I was miserable and the dr said it was normal. UGH!

lil_bittie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Well I pretty much have the same issues.  The problem is your spine and your muscles are changing from day to day to accommodate the baby.  Your spine is being tilted backwards and your hips are opening wider.  Your hip extensor and flexor muscles are being stretched to capacity which is why you feels so much pain.  Prenatal Yoga is no more different than regular yoga.  If you do not belong to a gym see if there is a yoga class offered and pay each time you go.  Pilates is great too because it will help build up your transvers abdonomis muscles in your ab area which will help with the pushing.  Do a lot of stretching and yoga like movements.  It is likely your muscles are too tight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)